• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can any HGCV points trade into the Hilton Club NY?

elc300

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the Hilton system and I'm considering purchasing at the Hilton Club NY. I had a conversation today with a HGVC sales rep, who by the way, started offering NY at $3.60 a point and ended up at .75 cents....what a joke uh? :hysterical: The MF's for 9000 pts in NY are $2070 plus taxes which is steep. Although I could make NY my home resort I want to try and find a better deal if one is out there with lower MF's and just trade into NY whenever posible. If I buy 9000 pts in Vegas for example, can I trade into NY or any other HGVC?

Also, the rep mentioned that purchasing a resale outside HGVC does not have club privileges?? I then proceeded to read an excerpt of an article I found in the TUG threads making mention of the $200 fee to join the Club if buying resale and he didn't know what to say....I'm assuming he was caught in a lie???

For those who own NY, what would be the advantage of buying that as my home resort as opposed to another HGVC property?

Thanks!!

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps some of the gurus can chime in, but I'm almost positive that HGVC owners from other locales can't trade into the NY Hilton Club, so buying elsewhere for the lower MF's wouldn't work.

Hilton Club members, however, can trade out into the other clubs.

amisco

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to go to New York regularly..

I'm new to the Hilton system and I'm considering purchasing at the Hilton Club NY. I had a conversation today with a HGVC sales rep, who by the way, started offering NY at $3.60 a point and ended up at .75 cents....what a joke uh? :hysterical: The MF's for 9000 pts in NY are $2070 plus taxes which is steep. Although I could make NY my home resort I want to try and find a better deal if one is out there with lower MF's and just trade into NY whenever posible. If I buy 9000 pts in Vegas for example, can I trade into NY or any other HGVC?

Also, the rep mentioned that purchasing a resale outside HGVC does not have club privileges?? I then proceeded to read an excerpt of an article I found in the TUG threads making mention of the $200 fee to join the Club if buying resale and he didn't know what to say....I'm assuming he was caught in a lie???

For those who own NY, what would be the advantage of buying that as my home resort as opposed to another HGVC property?

Thanks!!

I am an owner at the Hilton Club NY...(located in the Hilton Hotel on 6th Avenue (a.k.a. Avenue of the Americas). The only way to stay at this property is to own there, rent from an owner or be hosted by HGVC on a promotional visit for the HGVC at W. 57th property. If you wanted to stay at the HGVC at W.57th location you could use HGVC points if there were any inventory available within a short window (I think that it is 45 days before arrival)...full weeks are rare when they occur and tend to be studio units.

If you are planning to go to NYC and do not want to buy at the Hilton NY or W57th locations you might try to rent a unit at the Manhattan Club which is in the same neighborhood...there are a lot of owners there who are willing to rent to cover their MFs.

We enjoy the Hilton Club NY property... prices are dropping there (and it doesn't appear that Hilton is exercising their ROFR at that property like they are at many of the other sites. Good luck.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Occassionally this resort pops up in RCI. This year I booked a unit for 2400 HGVC points. A bargain. Because even if I could find a HC or W57 Unit, they are worth far more HGVC points. Sure I have to pay an exchange fee, but it was worth it to me.

These are only periodic deposits, that go quickly, so I would not consider them a reliable way into either NYC Hilton timeshare.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted above, you can't trade into Hilton Club NY with HGVC points from other resorts.
However, at one time, elite HGVC members could. But that ended at least a couple of years before HGVC 57th St opened.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wondering if the Hilton Club is still for sale through Hilton, I only see 57th St on their website. Or perhaps since it has so many different rules, it is technically NOT part of the vacation club? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Omne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the Hilton Club is still for sale through Hilton, I only see 57th St on their website. Or perhaps since it has so many different rules, it is technically NOT part of the vacation club? Can anyone shed any light on this?

They still sell units. They use it as a fall back if someone is put off by the price they're asking for W 57th. Last I saw they were looking at around $24,500 for 7000 points. They wanted $49,500 for 5250 points at W 57th.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I am an owner at the Hilton Club NY...(located in the Hilton Hotel on 6th Avenue (a.k.a. Avenue of the Americas). The only way to stay at this property is to own there, rent from an owner or be hosted by HGVC on a promotional visit for the HGVC at W. 57th property.

Both the Hilton Club and the W.57th St. property are available for online booking with Club Intrawest points now (for stays beginning in January).

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So is the reason it's not on HGVC's website because you can't trade into it as an HGVC owner of another property? Shouldn't They still list that it exists? I did find this website using a search: http://thehiltonclub.com/
Are CityPoints the same as HGVC points, or are they a different currency?

conarth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different currency. CityPoints is needed to book the Hilton Club unless you book it as a Hotel or use HHonors points.

CityPoints can be converted to use in HGVC, but not the other way around.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Different currency. CityPoints is needed to book the Hilton Club unless you book it as a Hotel or use HHonors points. CityPoints can be converted to use in HGVC, but not the other way around.

Its pretty simple. "Some animals are more equal than others." (G. Orwell).
In this case, HCNY can go slumming with the riff-raff at HGVC resorts, but
HGVC members must stay away from HCNY, uness they can figure out the work around.

TheWizz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different currency. CityPoints is needed to book the Hilton Club unless you book it as a Hotel or use HHonors points.

CityPoints can be converted to use in HGVC, but not the other way around.

What if you own 14k HGVC Points and you buy say 5000 HCNY City Points. Could you book a room at HCNY for say 7000 points by borrowing some of your current year HGVC points or could you only borrow from next year's City Points for the room? I think the answer will be "no" on using HGVC points for partial payment, but just wanted to confirm...

Last edited: