TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Cabo Resort Advice Needed.

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by nimrod, Sep 12, 2017.

1. nimrod

nimrod TUG Member

For those Cabo experts, if you had a choice between a 2BR unit available at Playa Grande vs. a 1 BR at Fiesta Americana, which would you choose and why? Thanks!

2. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

I don't know about Fiesta Americana as a resort, but Playa Grande is an excellent resort in a good location. Fiesta Americana is outside town and would require cab rides.

3. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 25,000
    Are you going to have a rental car? If not choose a resort in the town of Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. We prefer San Jose del Cabo. Looks like you are heading to Cabo San Lucas.

4. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    Playa Grande is closer to San Lucas.

Fiesta Americana is a gorgeous resort and about a $20 cab ride to town.

5. nimrod

nimrod TUG Member

Is it fairly easy to get around with a car in the Cabo area, especially with traffic, parking availability, safety, etc?

6. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    Yes. I rent a car because driving there is very easy. There is also a city bus that is cheap. It is a long walk to the bus stop from Fiesta. Cabo San Lucas is easy Mèxico for a first timer. Most speak English and most of the visitors are from the US, California in particular.

7. nimrod

nimrod TUG Member

Great. Thank you for the advice.

8. Cyndi

Cyndi TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
    Playa Grande is walking distance to the Marina boardwalk. I would choose it for location. I have not stayed at the Fiesta Americana but I did stay at Playa Grande when it first opened.

9. nimrod

nimrod TUG Member

Is there plenty to do and see within walking distance of Playa Grande or is a car still needed?

10. easyrider

easyrider TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
    You should google earth the Playa Grande. It is on the south side of Cabo's marina. It is walking distance to down town and the marina. I always get a car but do enjoy walking all over the marina area in the evening.

I haven't stayed at either resorts so as far as the resorts go I think the thing to think about is do you like to golf or do you like to fish, people watch, go to restaurants and party ?

Bill

11. Cyndi

Cyndi TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
    We never rent a car, in part because we don't like the anxiety of worrying that the police may shake us down. I know that lots of people rent cars and have no issues, but I have just heard too many stories at the pool or bar to want to deal with it. In my opinion there is plenty to do near Playa Grande that you can either walk to or reach with a short taxi ride. But if you plan to only walk, you have to be able to walk a distance up hill on the return home to Playa Grande