• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying Resale Wyndom points?

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasea @ Atlantic Palace
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Skyline & Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Access
My husband and I own at a resort we no longer want to visit. We use RCI to exchange, most often. If we buy Wyndom points (resale) would we be able to eliminate the cost of RCI membership? And still be able to use both TS within RCI?

What is the best way to get the best bang for our buck? How do we find the resale Points with the lowest MF? ($4-5/$1k per year?)

TIA

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I own at a resort we no longer want to visit. We use RCI to exchange, most often. If we buy Wyndom points (resale) would we be able to eliminate the cost of RCI membership? And still be able to use both TS within RCI?

What is the best way to get the best bang for our buck? How do we find the resale Points with the lowest MF? ($4-5/$1k per year?)

You may or may not be aware that Wyndham owns RCI. If you buy into Wyndham, you get a RCI membership (whether you want it or not). RCI membership cost is included within your "program fees" (as opposed to being billed separately). Yes, you can exchange in RCI by depositing your Wyndham points.

As far as your 'bang for the buck" and advice on searching for the best m.f.$ / points deals, I'll leave that to others; we bailed out of Wyndham 8 years ago.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You also may not be aware that the entire Wyndham system is one hot mess right now. Wyndham released a "new and improved" reservations system about a month ago without testing, and Wyndham owners are unable to book reservations, upgrade, cancel, or effectively manage their accounts. The system does not seem to be getting better. You may wish to delay any purchase of Wyndham until after the mess is solved.

For details, just spend a half hour reading the Wyndham BBS. Pretty amazing stuff.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

TIA
Go to the Wyndham section and at the top there is a sticky thread in pink with MFs rate for almost all of the Wyndham Resorts

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
You also may not be aware that the entire Wyndham system is one hot mess right now. Wyndham released a "new and improved" reservations system about a month ago without testing, and Wyndham owners are unable to book reservations, upgrade, cancel, or effectively manage their accounts. The system does not seem to be getting better. You may wish to delay any purchase of Wyndham until after the mess is solved.

For details, just spend a half hour reading the Wyndham BBS. Pretty amazing stuff.

Actually, now just might be the right time to buy. Yes, the reservation system is a hot mess, but if Wyndham plans to keep selling timeshares they will have to get this fixed. Over Half of their retail sales go to people who already own Wyndham points and those folks are NOT going to buy anything from Wyndham til it is fixed. As a result prices on the Resale market should go down quite a bit.