• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying points to move into CWA; Voyager splitting points?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Yes we have been happy with using our points so far and don't really feel the need for more. (We also have 80K annual RCI points with another ownership). Just wondered about this Voyager thing where we wouldn't be able to combine the points from both our contracts. And what kind of black eye will we have with Wyndham for rescinding? If we decide being in CWA is important, does the $19,600 for 105K points seem acceptable to you?

First, we rescinded the first contract we signed and then bought several resale contracts. I've been told by sales people we weren't "full owners" but was able to do everything the book says we should be able to do. And, for the record, I did end up purchasing a CWA contract retail last year. But only after using the system to see what we could do.

Regarding the price...we paid about what you were offered per thousand. After negotiating on price for about 45 minutes or so I just wanted out of there...and what we were looking for was not a huge difference for us.

It doesn't appear that they discount CWA as much as UDI contracts. I bet you could get a Clearwater contract for much less than $195 right now because they want to sell quickly. CWA...a lot of those points are one's they've taken back through Ovation for free, so they can sit on them until they get the price they want.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

lcml11

Reaction score
Yes, thank you Jan. You've confirmed what we've been thinking. I've been researching some of the resale online & know that if we do want more points that's how we'll get them (we've done it before). We felt no need or desire for more points right now - just became concerned with the "information" about what Voyager would do. And I've learned so much about CWA over these last couple of days! Our current points work for us so far, so we'll stick with those. And will never attend another sales presentation or so-called owner update!

Any discussion of renting points in the sales pitch or Extra Holidays rental program?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
as the amount of inventory you would have access to is actually more limited.

That's just not a true statement

CWA owners have access to units at lots of resorts. So At 13 months they have access to much more inventory than deeded owners and at 10 months points are points and the CWA points work just like club wyndem select points

Of course if you look at just one resort there is usually more CWS than CWA Thats why when I was targeting Mardi Gras I bought more labelle Maison points than CWA but two miles down the road at avenue plaza there are very few club Wyndham select points that work for Mardi Gras so to target Mardi Gras there you need CWA you won't find any deeded points And there are some resorts where the inventory is all CWA

You are right about CWA solving a lot of problems for Wyndham but it wasn't a genius move. At least the genius wasn't a Wyndham person CWA looks just like Worldmark The genius was Bill Peare CWA was copied from his work

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any discussion of renting points in the sales pitch or Extra Holidays rental program?
At our last update there was...the sales guy even prefaced his statement with, "We cannot encourage you to do commercial renting, but..." He was a bit shocked when I knew so much about the process and ExtraHolidays. His spiel was that we should buy more points and rent them out, plain and simple. They would even "help" us decide where and when to rent so we could get the best return.

lcml11

Reaction score
At our last update there was...the sales guy even prefaced his statement with, "We cannot encourage you to do commercial renting, but..." He was a bit shocked when I knew so much about the process and ExtraHolidays. His spiel was that we should buy more points and rent them out, plain and simple. They would even "help" us decide where and when to rent so we could get the best return.

Interesting, that pitch sounds real familiar from days gone by. Thanks for the info.

lcml11

Reaction score
No problem.

A thread from days gone by. Just for the record, the Wyndham Sales Rep on TUG pertaining to me and my account was not accurate. I do not know if he is related to the Broker (at least at the time) Craig Roberts.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...o-rent-through-extra-holidays-program.169688/

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/watchdog/mc-wyndham-timeshare-sales-watchdog-20160130-column.html

My "black eye" from this encounter, that as far as I know is still in effect, was getting a very not nice post on TUG from one of the Wyndham sales staff involved and when the day was done, my account got put on a restriction (not one that interfered with existing point use). As far as I know, this restriction is still in place.

P.S. never got the bonus points the rep promised us for the purchase.

Just beware, part of a black eye could be a not so nice public post from a agent of Wyndham. I was already Platinum prior to the contract in question and he knew it at the time.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
Yes, thank you Jan. You've confirmed what we've been thinking. I've been researching some of the resale online & know that if we do want more points that's how we'll get them (we've done it before). We felt no need or desire for more points right now - just became concerned with the "information" about what Voyager would do. And I've learned so much about CWA over these last couple of days! Our current points work for us so far, so we'll stick with those. And will never attend another sales presentation or so-called owner update!

If you want supplements to your point reservations without the long term commitment for the Maintenance Fees you could always line up with a VIP owner and probably get last minute reservations for about 6 dollars per thousand points spent. Some might charge a guest reservation fee some not.

If they are currently using a points manager for their excess points, this rate should be close to what the Points Manager gives them.

feliciatd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any discussion of renting points in the sales pitch or Extra Holidays rental program?[/QUOTE
]
No. No mention of anything really, other than how much we really needed to buy our way into CWA. so that we can make so many more wonderful memories with our family. We rescinded the contract yesterday - amazing how that interaction only took 5 minutes!