*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a unit at Carriage Hills

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by annabanana3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. annabanana3

annabanana3 Guest

I wanted to post this in the Canadian section as I Hope I might get an answer. Friends of ours have offered to give us their deeded floating red week at Carriage Hills. We just have to pay for the transfer fees, however we cannot find a lawyer to do the deed transfer. We found one company but they quoted me $1300 for the process. Does this sound right? Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Ontario who deals with timeshare title transfer? Thanks in advance for any answers.
    Anne-Marie

2. BM243923

BM243923 TUG Member

Look on ebay.com

You can buy units for $1.00 and closing costs are included. Save your 1299.99

3. myip

myip TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

You do need a lawyer to do the closing in Ont. I pay around $750 for closing. I don't remember which lawyer that I use to close the deal. You can ask the resort as how to do it.

4. ontarioTSowner

ontarioTSowner Guest

Hi, did you find a lawyer for timeshare transfer in Ontario? If so, can you please give me his name or some contact info? I called several real estate lawyers but I was not able to locate one that deals with timeshares. Thank you!

5. Tacoma

Tacoma TUG Member

I do not own carriage hills but have always done my own paperwork at zero cost. Call the resort and ask what has to be done to get the resort transferred into your name. Most likely it includes sending them a payment and getting both parties signatures. Unless you're paying a lot of money for this (I hope not) I'm sure you can do it yourself.

Joan