• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buyer beware: Allseasonstravel Ebay Seller issue

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Geez. Allseasonstravel has a listing ending soon that I want to bid on. This is unfortunate. :(

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Discount timeshares used to be called CJ timeshares and Carefree Journeys. They have been selling timeshares on eBay a long time. My first purchase was from CJ Almost 7 years ago.

my first eBay purchase was an impulse buy. I had just rescinded a Wyndham purchase and had just discovered the secondary market on eBay. I had not yet discovered TUG. So with no study and no knowledge I bid a dollar just to see how this stuff works. To my surprise I won. The point of this story is that I got my first timeshare lessons from the salesman at CJ. Their phone number is in their eBay ads, you can call the guy with questions and problems. And I did. The guy was really nice and really helpful. I won't say they have never made a mistake over the years, they have, but every problem was resolved to my satisfaction

They have their own in house closing company called Timeshare Closing Services. Some will argue that that's a bad thing, I haven't found that to be true. The really seem to know what they are doing

Regarding cost. Their closing services have always been high and at about the time they changed their name they started with fairly high minimun bids. I don't like that and I haven't bought much from them recently but if they have something I really want or need I wouldn't hesitate to bid

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks to me that this is priced so that the seller can break even. and it probably wont sell at that price. Yes this thing seems to be worthless. (maintenance fees are really high, over $12/1000 points) So this auction will probably not sell. I would bet that it will either be relisted with some changes in the fee structure, or abandoned to foreclosure. But its possible that it will sell.

We know the underlying week is a 2 bedroom in Value Season. The value, if any, is in the underlying week. If someone wants that particular week to fill out a months vacation, or as one more week in their Newport vacation rental business, they will pay for it One of the Value Season weeks is the week before Christmas, and Christmas is a big deal in Newport. If this purchase can get the week before Christmas in a two bedroom I would think that there are lots of folks that would be willing to pay the price. and if I already owned Christmas week, I might be willing to pay a lot for the week before christmas.

Just saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure. This is one of the Newport Mansions open for tours decorated for Christmas

BR-great-hall-900.jpg

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was previously listed twice .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...853294?hash=item3f7762096e:g:pycAAOSwo4pYiSO7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...338505?hash=item3f76d0da49:g:pycAAOSwo4pYiSO7

Here's one that went for $182.50 + $250 = $432.50, even that seems high, MF too high for off season arp.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...468924?hash=item4d55882a7c:g:fvoAAOSw44BYmii3

Christmas is nice at the mansions. We stayed one night in a suite at the resort across the street in December for 6000 points. Being only about 70 miles away, I wouldn't want to stay any there longer at that time of the year.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was previously listed twice .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...853294?hash=item3f7762096e:g:pycAAOSwo4pYiSO7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...338505?hash=item3f76d0da49:g:pycAAOSwo4pYiSO7

Here's one that went for $182.50 + $250 = $432.50, even that seems high, MF too high for off season arp.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...468924?hash=item4d55882a7c:g:fvoAAOSw44BYmii3

Christmas is nice at the mansions. We stayed one night in a suite at the resort across the street in December for 6000 points. Being only about 70 miles away, I wouldn't want to stay any there longer at that time of the year.

Bottom line if you don't want it don't buy it.

But if you want something that discount timeshares is selling and you are willing to pay their price, my comment is; you can feel comfortable working with them
Or at least I do

happyhopian

Reaction score
It's ironic that Discount Timeshares has some of the highest prices when considering the fees.

Here's a timeshare many would consider worthless with $1528 in fees.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-LON...236179?hash=item36149f9313:g:PycAAOSwo4pYiSO7

Total monies due = Final Bid Price + $599 (Closing Costs) + $299 (Resort Transfer Fee) + $630 (1st half of 2017 Maintenance Fees)
I would not pay ANYONE maint fees until the transaction closes. Period. Anyone who does is truly in need of 'that' property. Of course Ron will say that it is factored into the price, but my problem is that this is not a fixed budgetable price as closing can take 3 months or 6 months depending on who's moving fast (or not moving fast). I walked away from a sale with them over Christmas because they were not willing to limit my exposure on closing. Glad I did because I am still waiting on November transactions to post with Wyndham.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took the plunge on a Non-Wyndham deed on eBay tonight via Allseasonstravel.

Winning bid only.

No closing costs. No escrow costs. No back due MFs. No transfer fees. AND get a 2017 to use.

We shall see how smoothly or lack thereof this goes.....

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not pay ANYONE maint fees until the transaction closes. Period. Anyone who does is truly in need of 'that' property. Of course Ron will say that it is factored into the price, but my problem is that this is not a fixed budgetable price as closing can take 3 months or 6 months depending on who's moving fast (or not moving fast). I walked away from a sale with them over Christmas because they were not willing to limit my exposure on closing. Glad I did because I am still waiting on November transactions to post with Wyndham.

As a buyer I'm always looking for free use. Some of my best buys have been contracts with all the current years points, that settle in September. I put those points into the credit pool. So I get a full years allocation of points for just 3 months of fees.

Some sellers however feel that if what they are selling includes this years points, they should be compensated

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't buy this one either. But I wouldn't walk away from a deal I did want over a few months of fees. I don't play that close to the edge where a few months of fees are the difference between a good deal or not

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Discount timeshares used to be called CJ timeshares and Carefree Journeys. They have been selling timeshares on eBay a long time. My first purchase was from CJ Almost 7 years ago.

my first eBay purchase was an impulse buy. I had just rescinded a Wyndham purchase and had just discovered the secondary market on eBay. I had not yet discovered TUG. So with no study and no knowledge I bid a dollar just to see how this stuff works. To my surprise I won. The point of this story is that I got my first timeshare lessons from the salesman at CJ. Their phone number is in their eBay ads, you can call the guy with questions and problems. And I did. The guy was really nice and really helpful. I won't say they have never made a mistake over the years, they have, but every problem was resolved to my satisfaction

They have their own in house closing company called Timeshare Closing Services. Some will argue that that's a bad thing, I haven't found that to be true. The really seem to know what they are doing

Regarding cost. Their closing services have always been high and at about the time they changed their name they started with fairly high minimun bids. I don't like that and I haven't bought much from them recently but if they have something I really want or need I wouldn't hesitate to bid

Is Timeshare discounts the same Discount timeshares?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry my post about discount timeshares sent what you asked about

I don't think that they are the same

StarFerry62

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took the plunge on a Non-Wyndham deed on eBay tonight via Allseasonstravel.

Winning bid only.

No closing costs. No escrow costs. No back due MFs. No transfer fees. AND get a 2017 to use.

We shall see how smoothly or lack thereof this goes.....

Whatever happened on this... ?

Just looking at an eBay listing from this seller, but now I see all the negative FB...

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened on this... ?

Just looking at an eBay listing from this seller, but now I see all the negative FB...

It went "ok."

The 2017 use ended up being via an II reservation. (Was a Marriott purchase). I was less than 100% happy but it worked out well in the end.

Just buyer beware with these cheap wholesalers. Make sure you get in writing every little detail of what you expect. Now I have one more question that I learned to ask on prospective purchases. ;)