• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge, CO is now charging parking fees during the summer season

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
While not a big deal because the rates are very low ($1.50 for 2 hours weekends, 50 cents/hr for 3 hours week days), but it caught me surprise and I very nearly didn't know I needed to pay. I saw another couple getting their license plate number and that attracted my attention. Eventually I noticed several signs. I've been here enough I just didn't really see them. You either pay by card or by phone at a site called ppprk.com

It's not that it's a big hit financially but it has made parking in Breckenridge a little more inconvenient

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Breckenridge used to be a fine Colorado ski area and mountain town. It has become Vail-ized. Resort charges, charges for anything tourist related. I no longer patronize the overpriced, Vail-ized version of what used to be a classic ski resort.

I prefer to ski Steamboat Springs. Sadly, with the recent purchase, Steamboat is likely to become Aspen-ized. If that should happen, it is likely to end my 45-year skiing career. There will not be a reasonably priced ski resort (even considering various season pass options) within a day's drive.

OK, maybe Ski Loveland, if you get there early enough to find a parking space.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I agree. Even the summer season is becoming crowded and touristy. Blame successful add campaigns and timeshare developement if you will.

I did like the articles explanarion of why the city council enacted a program they acknowledged was unpopular. To many cars, to few parking spaces and to few people taking free mass transit. While unpopular it's had the desired effect of moving people from individual cars onto shuttles and the free ride bus plus put $$ into the budget which goes right back into improving streets, pesdestiran pathways and mass transit systems.

What they've done a poor job of is educating us tourists. The signage is plentiful but I've been here enough it was unnoticeable. Until a restaurant manager told me about the parking app, I had no idea one existed and, until I searched for and found the article I had no idea which app was the correct app for Breckenridge.

The hours are really odd as well. It appears that most lots you pay between the hours of 10AM and 3PM weekday. There's also one fee for weekdays and one fee for weekends. It even appears that different lots may have different prices. Yesterday the kiosk wanted to charge me 50 cents for the first hour and $1 for the second hour where the other lot we had parked in was 50 cents/hr for the first three hours.

The parking app is nice. You can pay remotely from your phone and it has an automatic reminder to feed the pig when your time is running out.

It's not that the parking fees are high. In Chicago I've paid upwards of $10/hr. It's the surprise, lack of education and frustration in figuring out the easiest way to use the system. Once you know how it works it's really a beautiful thing, but it's taken me most of a week of complaining to restaurant and shop owners to piece all of the information together to learn the secretes of how to use the system effectively.

zinger1457

Reaction score
I've visited Breckenridge in early September the last couple of years and and really enjoyed it, much better than Vail IMO. Good time of year to visit, not crowded at all (except during Oktoberfest weekend).

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We got back from Vail two weeks ago. Great place, but really expensive and "high end". More Aspen than Aspen. And we heard that Beaver Creek is trying to imitate Vail. We have been going to Breck for years, and were there on this trip. I don't find it anything like Vail. Sure, touristy, but much more laid back than Vail. We like it better than Vail for that reason. Steamboat is cool, just hard to get to from DIA, too far. When we stay in Breck, we have gone to Colorado Rockies games, only a little over an hour when traffic is light. Next summer it will be Breck again...

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got back from Vail two weeks ago. Great place, but really expensive and "high end". More Aspen than Aspen. And we heard that Beaver Creek is trying to imitate Vail. We have been going to Breck for years, and were there on this trip. I don't find it anything like Vail. Sure, touristy, but much more laid back than Vail. We like it better than Vail for that reason. Steamboat is cool, just hard to get to from DIA, too far. When we stay in Breck, we have gone to Colorado Rockies games, only a little over an hour when traffic is light. Next summer it will be Breck again...

We love Breck as well..