TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Branson the last week of May

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by meinmn, May 11, 2017.

1. meinmn

meinmn Guest

Suggestions on what to do? Best shows or activities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Grandma Ruth's Cinnamon Rolls, Andy's Custard, College of the Ozarks, campus chapel, museum, lake overlook and dining room at the Keeter Center.

Grand Jubilee show was the best variety show we saw when we were there. I was looking at the shows currently playing and there are so many good ones! There are usually several different show playing at the same theater. When you see a show they will typically announce that you can take your ticket stub to the box office before you leave and get a discount on a ticket to another show. The discounted tickets were a very good price when we were there three years ago this summer. If they don't announce it just ask.

3. Hophop4

Hophop4 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
    Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
    silentg likes this.
  4. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    I got the number for Branson 2 for 1 online and called about tickets. The person I spoke with gave me his name and we went into the office when we got to Branson.

We did purchase tickets from them and took the tour. It was well worth our time to take the tour. Because we took the tour Branson 2 for 1 gave us 4 free show tickets and we were able to buy heavily discounted tickets for a couple of other shows too and we got a Branson Guest Card which is discount card for various places in Branson which we really used. You can order the Branson Guest Cards online, they are $19.95 and the 2017 card is good through March 31, 2018. And where we toured gave us a gift card too, I think it was either $100 or $125.

5. fer829

fer829 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham UDI points
    You can find anything to fit your taste, but having been there many times we really highly recommend the following:
    Rick Thomas--Illusionist formerly of Las Vegas and of that quality.
    Sight & Sound Theatre showing of Moses, a HUGE production worth the money.
    We also usually try to see The Duttons--a very talented musical family, and George Dyer--a gorgeous voice (both sing/play a variety of music, not necessarily country music).
    I would second the previous suggestion of eating at the Keeter Center of The College of the Ozarks.
    You will find a ton of free flyers that give discount coupons at many locations.

6. Hophop4

Hophop4 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:

They never had tours before it must be something new. Glad you got some good deals.

7. Hophop4

Hophop4 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    duplicate

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We bought our discount tickets in the purple building. We saw lots of shows. Sons of Britches, Liverpool Legends, Tribute to John Denver, Tribute to Red Skelton,Visted the wax museum.We ate in the restaurant with the big chicken in the parking lot American Diner I think it was called, and we did Sunday Buffet at the college of the Ozarks. Also went to the Hamburger restaurant that was recommended. We stayed at Branson Wyndom at the Falls. Hamburger place was just up the street from the resort, can't think of the name but it was casual family dining. Liked Branson well enough to return someday. I posted a review.
    Silentg

9. GetawaysRus

GetawaysRus TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Villas 2
    Sedona Summit
    Tour? How much time did it take, and what did they show you? We're they trying to sell you something (analogous to a timeshare tour)?

10. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    The presentation was for a travel company and took about 90 minutes. We attended something similar about a year before that here at home. Basically these travel companies want about $4000-$5000 to join and you get weeks cheap. Both times it looked like what was left of the cheap point last minute weeks on RCI after the RCI members had taken all the good stuff.

11. chalee94

chalee94 TUG Member

I assume the flooding from earlier in the month has been addressed and they are back to business as usual? I'm heading there before too long and noticed my timeshare was right next to Table Rock Lake...

12. ace2000

ace2000 TUG Member

Yes, things are back to normal around the Branson area. The only exception I know about is Dogwood Canyon. It got virtually wiped out and is closed until further notice.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ing-washes-trout-toward-table-rock/101326482/

[​IMG]

13. chalee94

chalee94 TUG Member