• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought Wyndham Resale, County recorded deed..Now what??

cactusgypsy

Reaction score
I purchased a Wyndham resale in the beginning of June, the county were the property is located recorded the new deed July 5th. What are the steps that still need to take place in order to complete the transfer 100%, and any idea how long it may take. Thanks

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Wyndham resale in the beginning of June, the county were the property is located recorded the new deed July 5th. What are the steps that still need to take place in order to complete the transfer 100%, and any idea how long it may take. Thanks
Is this your first Wyndham purchase ? If it is have you filled out the new member information form?
Ounce Wyndham receives the paperwork for transfer it used to take 3-6 weeks.
Now it's been taking several months. Wyndham rolled out a new computer system and it's been a mess with lots of problems.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this your first Wyndham purchase ? If it is have you filled out the new member information form?
Ounce Wyndham receives the paperwork for transfer it used to take 3-6 weeks.
Now it's been taking several months. Wyndham rolled out a new computer system and it's been a mess with lots of problems.
Not the OP but I'm also waiting on my first Wyndham purchases to transfer & hadn't heard of a new member info form until now. Will Wyndham send me one when they finally get around to processing the transfer or should I have sent one in originally?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the OP but I'm also waiting on my first Wyndham purchases to transfer & hadn't heard of a new member info form until now. Will Wyndham send me one when they finally get around to processing the transfer or should I have sent one in originally?
If you bought from a broker or reseller. On eBay for example. The closing co. will usually send you the form. You send it back to the closing co. and they send it with the deed to Wyndham for transfer. Even if your already a Wyndham owner they will send the form and put your current member number to aid Wyndham with the transfer. Wyndham can use all the help they can get right now

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought from a broker or reseller. On eBay for example. The closing co. will usually send you the form. You send it back to the closing co. and they send it with the deed to Wyndham for transfer
One was through EBay & one was from the Bargain Bin using LT, neither one sent me any Wyndham forms to fill out before sending the new deed in. Do you happen to know where I could get a copy? As slow as they're processing, I doubt they've even opened my packet. I can probably get it faxed in before they notice it's missing & it holds anything up (at least from my end, lol)

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't used LT maybe they send all the information instead of you filling it out.
I have purchased through 3 different resellers on eBay and I filled out the information.
You could check with LT to see if your deed has been sent to Wyndham.
LT Transfers is highly recommended here on TUG so I'm sure everything is in order

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think there are reports of very few if any transfers on the Wyndham level have taken place since the May website update. So it may take longer than normal and there is really nothing you can do to speed it up.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't used LT maybe they send all the information instead of you filling it out.
I have purchased through 3 different resellers on eBay and I filled out the information.
You could check with LT to see if your deed has been sent to Wyndham.
LT Transfers is highly recommended here on TUG so I'm sure everything is in order
That's what I was thinking too - that they may have filled it out for me because I know the new deed went in to Wyndham on 6/19. I sent them an email just to confirm. Thanks for the help!

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there are reports of very few if any transfers on the Wyndham level have taken place since the May website update. So it may take longer than normal and there is really nothing you can do to speed it up.
I know & I don't mind waiting at all - I'm hoping the website will be straightened out before I have to deal with it, lol! Just wanted to make sure I didn't get sent back to the bottom of the pile due to missing paperwork ;)

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure I didn't get sent back to the bottom of the pile due to missing paperwork.

I trust that providing the mandatory $299 Wyndham "transfer fee" (separate and apart from other closing company fees) has been arranged. Even with a copy of the new recorded deed in hand, Wyndham won't proceed any further until they also have their $299 (regardless of their current computer system issues).

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I trust that providing the mandatory $299 Wyndham "transfer fee" (separate and apart from other closing company fees) has been arranged. Even with a copy of the new recorded deed in hand, Wyndham won't proceed any further until they also have their $299 (regardless of their current computer system issues).
Yep, they've got their $$! That's one of the ways (besides the updates from others here) I knew they were way backed up - they haven't even got around to cashing the check yet...and I'm sure that's the first thing they do, lol! I was only worried about the new member form & the closing company told me Wyndham usually sends it with the welcome letter so all should be well.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Anyone recommend a good agency to purchase a resale through on eBay or elsewhere?