*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bought retail....

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Mjlajl, Apr 15, 2012.

1. scootr5

scootr5 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that was his original developer purchase and not resale.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. vckempson

vckempson TUG Member

You do get caught with a lot of trouble aimed in your direction, don't you? Wyndham tries to throw you out and take your deeds away from you. You can't get deeds transferred properly. Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way. Have you considered that these troubles might be brought on by yourself? Maybe one of the following two things is going on.

1. Your behavior invites trouble. With Wyndham, at least, you seem quite happy to return to the wolf's den over, and over, and over.

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble, but only a misperception of attacking behavior. At Wyndham, you seem to take everything quite literally as the gospel truth and here continue to characterize posts as attacking when it's just a difference of opinion.

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues, the only common denominator in all your troubles and attacks seems to be... well, you. Maybe some self assessment might be in order. While I'm sure you'll take this as another "attack post", it's not. It's food for thought to think about your part in all your ongoing problems.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Thank you for the attack post.

4. Cheryl20772

Cheryl20772 TUG Member

They lose nothing by rescinding and gain time to make an informed decision about making such a large purchase.

Most of us would never make such a large purchase without looking at all angles of it and thinking it over first. Most of those coming here saying they just signed a contract are confused and really have no idea what they are buying. How can they know if they want VIP if they don't understand what it is? Many have been outright misrepresented to in the sales room. Let them at least study the member directory and learn how the system works and what it costs over time (and how difficult it can be to sell later on) before they jump into a developer purchase.

5. FreeIn2010

FreeIn2010 TUG Member

Excellent advice neighbor! :hi:

6. Cheryl20772

Cheryl20772 TUG Member

Such a message can only be interpreted as an "attack". It's an example of "ad hominem" rather than polite discourse and contributes little to the conversation.

7. Rent_Share

Rent_Share Guest

This is an attack

You shortened the quotes from vckempson who articulated what was wrong with rwrongwell's postings

8. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Attack posts through TUG appears just to be a way of life for those that do not support the TUG "Click". My guess it is more attributable to the inherent business competion between Wyndham (both re-sale and rental) and the re-seller and renters that participate on this board. If anyone is interested in who the Tug Click group is, just review to the boards to see the screen names of those doing the attacking.

9. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

I'm pretty sure the word is "clique." This has been driving me crazy in the posts about this subject lately. :wall:

I don't have a dog in this fight, except as someone who doesn't like to see the language abused.

10. scootr5

That's correct, but I was hesitant to point it out earlier....

11. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

OK. Is it 'perk', or 'perq' or 'perque'? Referring of course to the short form of 'perquisite'.

Jim

12. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

Based on this:
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perquisite
    both perq and perk are correct.

Yet, only clique refers to a group of people. Click, as a noun, can mean three or four different things, but none of them mean the same thing as clique:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/click

English is a funny, funny thing, especially when one spends quite a bit of one's day explaining rules like this to an inquisitive five-year-old. *shifty eyes*

13. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Nice to see TUG keeps reaching new lows. Not only personal attack posts fair game but personel ridicule.

14. scootr5

I don't think anyone was intending to ridicule you, Amy was only trying to point out (in a polite way) the correct spelling of a word you've used several times in the last few days on the forum. After that, there are a couple of humorous observations on the intricacies and quirks of the English language.

15. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Like I said - personal ridical, those that do not follow TUG company line great some real bad treatment. Does not do much to encourge open discussion, I guess saying anything not in accordance with the "Company Line" makes it OK. Sometimes I wonder what the difference is between the Wyndham staff and the described posters. I think I just figured it out, the sales staff are better mannered and more accurate. For those that are in the timeshare business, maybe, if they work hard enough and long enough, they could get up to a "F" grade for their business related activities.

16. ledaga

ledaga Guest

The sales staff definitely not well mannered. They are probably the worst sales people I have seen in my life. Wyndham is great except for their sales staff, but they bring in money to fill the coffers. Everyone needs to be honest about what you are getting and what you are paying for and stop the bickering.