TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Booking Staroptions during use year

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by heckp, May 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM.

1. heckp

heckp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HRA SDO MKO
    If my SO use year is 2018, can I use my SO in any VSE resort 12 months out? For example my HRA use in in 2018 and I want to go to WKOR in June 2018 can I use my SOs from HRA to book WKOR for June 2018 booking June 2017?

2. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

8 months out, not June 2017. Oct 2017.

3. heckp

heckp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HRA SDO MKO
    So it's the same as booking a banked SO? Do I need to bank it and use it or wait 8 months out when booking same year

4. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

12 months out is only for booking at the resort and season/week that you own. Anything else is called SO reservation and it is 8 months out. No difference between banked SOs or same use year SOs. You can use banked 2017 SOs or 2018 SOs to book June 2018 week in Oct 2017.

heckp likes this.
  5. heckp

heckp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HRA SDO MKO
  6. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    One thing to note, you may be better to use banked SOs before you use the pure use year SOs. SInce banked SOs are good for two years, it may prevent you from having to pay an additional bank fee for the 2018 SOs.

Example, You have 81,000 SOs each year. YOu bank your 2017 SOs in to 2018. So now you have 162,000 SOs in 2018 that you can use. You book something that is for 148,100 SOs. Use your 81,000 SOs from 2018 and then the remaining 67,100 that you need from the banked SOs. THis leaves you with 0 that need to be banked forward from 2018 and 13,900 banked SOs that you can use through the end of 2019. If you used your banked SOs first, you would then have to bank 13,900 2018 SOs in to 2019 and pay the fee again.

Depending on how you use the SOs, you should only really have to pay the banking fee every other year.

mauitraveler, heckp and Fredward like this.
  7. heckp

heckp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HRA SDO MKO
    Thank you! So clearly explained. My other question is if I wanted to use my banked SO, for example banked my 2018 SOs and want to use it in September 2019 to WKOR how do I go about booking it? Do I search myself or request to use it for the week I want

8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

You can use the Villa Finder to search yourself, 8 mos. before check-in.

heckp likes this.