• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

booking on the 276th day question

CiCi

Reaction score
I will be trying to book a reservation soon at the nine-month window....I know I can call HGVC at 8am to book with them but was wondering if anyone knew what time I could book it online on the 276th day....midnight? 3am? 6am? TIA, CiCi

jestme

Reaction score
I will be trying to book a reservation soon at the nine-month window....I know I can call HGVC at 8am to book with them but was wondering if anyone knew what time I could book it online on the 276th day....midnight? 3am? 6am? TIA, CiCi
Midnight, Eastern time.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@jestme is correct, but I will add that is is 276-days from the check-out date.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
@jestme is correct, but I will add that is is 276-days from the check-out date.
Does anyone know why sometimes the reservation window does not open at midnight EST? This happened to me once and I had to wait until the morning when it was showing online.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Someone forgot to flip a switch?
Why does the sun shine?... The Gods know.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does anyone know why sometimes the reservation window does not open at midnight EST? This happened to me once and I had to wait until the morning when it was showing online.

Try logging out and back in after midnight, it may have to do with your session token not refreshed with current date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try logging out and back in after midnight, it may have to do with your session token not refreshed with current date.

i'll give that a try the next time. It is interesting that this happened the night I wanted to add the 7th night using the same method of loggin in before midnight and trying to add the night after midnight. My method worked for the first 3 nights, and adding the 4, 5, and 6th nights.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Does anyone know why sometimes the reservation window does not open at midnight EST?

I haven't ever experience that issue, but then I am not walking/booking a reservation too often at midnight. @SmithOp theory might be the best thing to try.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've tried and sometimes it's 2-3 minutes after midnight.

I also sat and timed how long a released date takes to show up again. 7 minutes. But others have said 5 and others have said 10. I literally sat with a timer and tried every 1 minute.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've tried and sometimes it's 2-3 minutes after midnight.

I also sat and timed how long a released date takes to show up again. 7 minutes. But others have said 5 and others have said 10. I literally sat with a timer and tried every 1 minute.
Good to know. Love it when people run test like this.

I don't recall how long I waited. I suppose in my case this could have been happening (someone clicked before me and was holding resies) and I quit too quickly. However, there are 20 OF units. I find hard to believe that 20 people clicked before me since I was watching the clock (I do recognize the issues with internet speed; BTW - I have Fios 150 up/down and I have verified via speed tests, server response, etc...). Even weirder, I was able to book the 7th nights for the two units I needed the next morning.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Love it when people run test like this.

I don't recall how long I waited. I suppose in my case this could have been happening (someone clicked before me and was holding resies) and I quit too quickly. However, there are 20 OF units. I find hard to believe that 20 people clicked before me since I was watching the clock (I do recognize the issues with internet speed; BTW - I have Fios 150 up/down and I have verified via speed tests, server response, etc...). Even weirder, I was able to book the 7th nights for the two units I needed the next morning.

Just a guess on this, but I wonder if Hilton's IT dept. has a polling cycle setup and if so, then odds are, whenever they have to reboot/bounce a server, the polling cycle typically will start at the uptime the server is up, so perhaps that's why it's not always exactly at a specific time.

I only tried midnight (I'm on Eastern time) like 3 nights in a row, and finally gave up because it was really late, so I just tried really early the next morning and surprise, there they were.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only tried midnight (I'm on Eastern time) like 3 nights in a row, and finally gave up because it was really late, so I just tried really early the next morning and surprise, there they were.
I am on EST and share your experience of stopping because it gets too late and trying successfully the next AM.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Every server I've worked with synch with this clock:

https://www.time.gov/

I wouldn't go by your local computer clock.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every server I've worked with synch with this clock:

https://www.time.gov/

I wouldn't go by your local computer clock.

Thanks for the reminder and let me rephrase. I use my ATT iPhone clock which, I assume, pulls the time from the US atomic clock/www.time.gov. I would not trust my computer time.

However, I wonder now. Where does my iMac and MacBook Pro get the time? They seem to be synchronized as well.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
My cell phone and my pc's at home (and work, but obviously I'm not there at midnight) are sync'd with an atomic clock via NTP.

I imagine HGVC IT dept. has done the same. I still think they may have a polling cycle done vs. an event-based system.

ex:
Take a resort like Lagoon Tower in Honolulu, release 4 of your 7 nights. If the system is event-driven (or the polling cycle is 1 minute or less), you should be able to re-add those night in a minute. I timed it and it's 7 minutes. (although it could actually be 10 minutes, but I was already 3 minutes into the 10 minute cycle, for example).

I'd have to run some more tests, but not really willing to risk losing my Lagoon Tower nights, and you'd have to pick a resort where there weren't any other nights available for the unit you're trying this on.

In either event, for the OP:

Try booking/walking the reservation at midnight EST (use your cell phone for time if your PC isn't already using an NTP time source).
If you don't see the additional nights, give it 1 min. increments. After a few (no more than 10 min?) if it's not there, give up and try real early (like 6-8 a.m.). It might be there.

I've also had random (maybe 50/50 chance) luck in the afternoon like around 1-2 p.m. EST for some odd reason (at least for Hawaii).

CiCi

Reaction score
My cell phone and my pc's at home (and work, but obviously I'm not there at midnight) are sync'd with an atomic clock via NTP.

I imagine HGVC IT dept. has done the same. I still think they may have a polling cycle done vs. an event-based system.

ex:
Take a resort like Lagoon Tower in Honolulu, release 4 of your 7 nights. If the system is event-driven (or the polling cycle is 1 minute or less), you should be able to re-add those night in a minute. I timed it and it's 7 minutes. (although it could actually be 10 minutes, but I was already 3 minutes into the 10 minute cycle, for example).

I'd have to run some more tests, but not really willing to risk losing my Lagoon Tower nights, and you'd have to pick a resort where there weren't any other nights available for the unit you're trying this on.

In either event, for the OP:

Try booking/walking the reservation at midnight EST (use your cell phone for time if your PC isn't already using an NTP time source).
If you don't see the additional nights, give it 1 min. increments. After a few (no more than 10 min?) if it's not there, give up and try real early (like 6-8 a.m.). It might be there.

I've also had random (maybe 50/50 chance) luck in the afternoon like around 1-2 p.m. EST for some odd reason (at least for Hawaii).

Thanks everyone, for the great advice. I wanted two different Hawaiian locations so I was at the computer twice over the course of a week and, at the stroke of midnight each time, was able to successfully book what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk