• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking experience Maui

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to book Worldmark Maui resorts for Dec 2017. I tried to book precisely at 6 am PST sharp at 13 month window. Eventhou there were 5+ units available in the categories I want, it took me four days to finally get a 1 Br at Kihei today for 8 nights ( Dec 23 - Dec 31 2017 ). I wanted a 2 Br but the availability just vanishes after few seconds of open and all my "Book it" clicks went in vain :) .

This was my first experience trying to book a high demand week, one will need real persistence to land one of these weeks. I have a waitlist request for Valley Isle and Kihei for Dec 17 , 2017.. will see how that turns out.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that you really need to know what you are doing when you attempt to book a truly desireable week. You have to ask yourself two questions to have a real shot at booking a prime week. First, how do you know when it is exactly 6am PST? Second, how many keystrokes and mouse clicks does it take to you to book your week from exactly 9am?

If you can answer both of these questions, that starts the path towards being able to book your desired week at a hot resort.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that you really need to know what you are doing when you attempt to book a truly desireable week. You have to ask yourself two questions to have a real shot at booking a prime week. First, how do you know when it is exactly 6am PST? Second, how many keystrokes and mouse clicks does it take to you to book your week from exactly 9am?

If you can answer both of these questions, that starts the path towards being able to book your desired week at a hot resort.

I realized that the hard way. On Dec 22nd I failed to snag one and saw I was not precisely at open. On 23rd I synced my clock and made sure I was sharp few seconds after 6 am. I already got a wait-list fill for Dec 22nd, so it worked out great.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got most of the reservation (Dec 16 2017 - Jan 1 2018) filled via waitlist within few days. Just need 2 more days (Dec 20 , 21 ) to combine both the segments. Initially I was planning to trim my 22K account to 10 K account. I think I will keep it at 22K and drop the idea of selling 12K for the time being.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wailist does work if you get in there early. Especially for a property the size of Kihei. I'm sure you'll get your days. Good luck!

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wailist does work if you get in there early. Especially for a property the size of Kihei. I'm sure you'll get your days. Good luck!

Thank you. I got it within a week on waitlist. Yes, there is a very good probability to get the required days on level1 waitlist. Now I have all the days from Dec 16 2017 - Jan 1 2018. I have kept it as 2 reservation , hoping to score a Marriott / Westin / Hyatt for one segment from the II search.