*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bonus weeks

Discussion in 'Ask Trading Places International (TPI)' started by dboy1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. dboy1

dboy1 TUG Member

We went to a Wyndham sales pitch recently and were told about the deal they have with TP. If you deposit a Hawaii deeded week you get a bonus week to use also. The other part was that TP will pay your m.f. up to $699 if you deposit a Hawaii week. I am obvioasly talking about Wyndham weeks. Just wanted to know if this is true??

2. nolesman98

nolesman98 TUG Member

Where did you attend the Wyndham presentation? I am interested in Wyndham and would like to go to one. Do you have a phone number or web link?

3. Kona Lovers

Kona Lovers TUG Member

Interesting. I'd like to listen to that presentation myself.

4. cgeidl

cgeidl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

TP bonus weeks

If you are in TP's Vacation Exchange Club you get a bonus week with any deposit so Wyndam's deal doesn't seem like much IMHO.We deposit Waikiki Banyan weeks we own( a non fancy condo unit-About a 6 on a ten point scale) and always get a bonus week with II also.
    The paying of maintenance fees seems too good to be true to me but if true with no catches this would be worthwhile.
    I am staying at Wyndam Waikiki in three weeks and may go to the TS presentation to find out.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  5. jtridle

jtridle TUG Member

Just attended a Wyndham Bali Hai presentation today, trying to sell us on the benefits of being able to trade through TI and there was nothing said of paying maintenance fees. Just that we would get a bonus week.

6. jtridle

jtridle TUG Member

Is their vacation exchange club a certain membership level that you have to enroll in, and perhaps pay extra? I can't find anything on their website that talks about the exchange club. And from what I can tell, you don't have to belongto it to get the bonus week. Is that correct?

Is this the same thing as their current special where you get a bonus week if you deposit by 2/15/11? Does it seem like they do this every year? Do you have to give them a hawaii year to get the bonus week?

7. cgeidl

Vacation exchange club

It is awkward to find on the web site. I found it by entering Vacation exchange club in the search square.Used to be easy to find. you pay a bit to join but get an extra week if you deposit 120 days or more ahead.

8. Hawaiibarb

Hawaiibarb TUG Member

Wyndham Deal

My understanding is that, if you deposit a week with TPI (or equivalent points), you will get 2 weeks in return. If you choose the money for maintenance fees, there is a limit of $699.

9. slabeaume

slabeaume Guest

premier access members (got it with our Hawaii timeshare free for 3 years now have to renew for about $91/year to get the premier access benefits).

With that benefit, you get a bonus week with your exchanged week. But the bonus week can only be booked out something like 3 months and there is still a fee involved. Good thing about the exchange with TP is they took weeks 2 weeks or more out, so VIP benefits resulted in a 2 bedroom unit exchanged for lesser points then a 1 bedroom.

The maintenance reimbursement program is also only available for premier access members. It's instead of the exchange. You give them a week (has to be 6 months out and they'll tell you which properties they'll accept) and they'll give you $699 after the time of the exchanged week passes.

There are other benefits to the premier access membership, too, like no exchange fee into certain resorts and discount nightly stays, and cruise deal where they give you . I think members can also split up their weeks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  10. ronandjoan

ronandjoan TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mts, Telemark Apple Pointe, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club

11. cgeidl

60 days for Hawaii and they have lots of availability there.45 for
    Conus.