• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek

hiserman79

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a contract(s) via resale and my first stay will be at Bonnet creek in October. Any advice tips or tricks? I have my conformation letter I assume I won't be told unit number until check in? We will be hostages to Disney I mean visiting Disney for 5 days, any advice like how to not pay for parking or cheaper alternatives than Bonnet creeks shuttle service. We are very excited and appreciate any information to optimize our stay. Thanks to all tug members without this group I would of been lost and couldn't have pulled off aquiring my contracts so cheap. Thanks in advance for any tips you can give I appreciate your time.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first suggestion is to avoid the timeshare pitch at all costs. Anything they ask you to do -- survey, etc -- is a timeshare sales talk. Unplug your room phones -- anyone you want to talk to has your cell.

We just drive to the parks and pay parking. The convenience of having our car and being able to come and go far outweighs the parking fee.

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either that or tell them you work for a timeshare company and you will be NQ'd and they won't harass you.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. Just pay for the parking but I like to visit the Disney Boardwalk.

tell the guy at the gate you are having lunch at the ESPN bar or visiting the art gallery or shopping at the boardwalk shops and the parking is free. You can then take the water shuttle to Epcot or one of the other parks

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uber can be a great way to get to the parks. If you do not have kids that need car seats. Not sure how much surge there is when you are leaving the park at the end of the night.

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've parked at the Poly before and had a quick meal to make it somewhat legit before hitting the parks on the monorail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
They are really starting to crack down on parking at the resorts. They will actually check to see if you have a reservation there. We were staying at Grand Floridian and drove over to Contemporary to grab lunch and shop and they wouldn't let us park there if we didn't have a reservation.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased an annual pass and the free parking was great. A few times I was given attitude for even stopping at the both. A few times they checked that I had an annual pass and the last time I was told the weekday select did not qualify me for parking.

$20 is a lot but if it keeps cars out of the parking lot I am for it.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are really starting to crack down on parking at the resorts. They will actually check to see if you have a reservation there. We were staying at Grand Floridian and drove over to Contemporary to grab lunch and shop and they wouldn't let us park there if we didn't have a reservation.

There is always the secret (and perfectly legit) free parking entrance to MK Parking for those who know how to get to it.

hiserman79

Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice especially to Angela since she is the one who hooked me up with my 1st contract and is dealing with wyndhams run around on my next contract. If youre reading this Angela thanks for the hard work and dealing with a paranoid newbie for the last few months!

Last edited:

hiserman79

Reaction score
There is always the secret (and perfectly legit) free parking entrance to MK Parking for those who know how to get to it.

I'm good at directions if ya wanted to message me on how to find this secret entrance you speak off....

mmeeccee

Reaction score
We've parked at the Poly before and had a quick meal to make it somewhat legit before hitting the parks on the monorail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! We do this at GF. We grab a meal at the Cafe, without a reservation, then take the monorail into MK. They make us park at the Villas. I have done this many time without a problem although never during a REALLY busy time like the holidays.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the timeshare thing. I don't know why. It was pouring out. $175 or sit in the condo with five kids. That being said, it was my 4th time renting and they never pressed me to attend a presentation because I always check in without my husband present. We volunteered for this one. :annoyed:

I'm pretty sure that they had the area bugged because they totally knew what I said in private. And they had horrible offers. First they offered us 400,000 points for $100,000 with 17.9% interest. Then they offered us a reclaimed deed for 105K at Star Island for $18K. Then they tried to back that one off to an EOY year. Then they simply offered us 400,000 points to try out for the year for $3500.

They also told us that if we bought resale that we would only be able to use the points where we were deeded. Sigh! No matter. We bought a resale for BC 210000 EOY for around $600 including closing.

So now I am on the lookout for a odd use year to match my even one. :)

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
shhhhhhhh....

Thought I was the only one who knew that....:p