• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Issues

Dill

Reaction score
Anyone heard of any issues at Bonnet Creek that would affect availability? Someone I work with was just complaining because they just found out that the 3 BR they rented was not available. they were told the resort had overbooked. I suspect it more an issue with the rental agency they are going through than it is Wyndham but thought I would check.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know of anything specific at Bonnet Creek

What I do know is that some of the bigger owners that rent are having problems with Wyndham (or wyndham with them) In my case there have been no guests that have been screwed. But I can imagine that some guests of some owners have

Interestingly, I have a guest with a 3 bedroom reservation at Bonnet Creek that until today couldn't get confirmation of that reservation from the resort. Today, finally, they did. (I've been on the phone for three days I hope that there is no connection between your friend and my guest.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
i had a first time ever situation recently with a different very popular resort. My guest called the resort with a question and the resort had no record of a reservation under their name nor mine either. By the time I got her message the call center was closed so I called the resort myself and the person I spoke to even looked at every single reservation on the check in date for the stay in that unit type and sure enough still couldn't find anything. The next morning I called and spoke with a VC telling her the resort had no record of my reservation made 10 days ago. She emailed the reservation over to the resort and followed up with a phone call.

I saw no point in quizzing the person I spoke with at the resort or the VC about how this could have happened as they have no control over Wyndham's computer system, however both indicated there have been problems recently. Have I just been exceedingly lucky all these years that this is the first time I've ever had this happen or is this something we all need to be on the watch for now?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a few 3 bedrooms sitting empty at bonnet creek this week. So I am sure they are being used as overflow units if needed.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
No issues for us. Here right now (we rented week via ebay)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You did not mention what dates were involved. There are some 3 bedrooms currently available in the last week of July and August. Hope their are no costs incurred so far that are not recoverable.

Dill

Reaction score
They booked 8 months ago for next week. I googled the company she rented from and the reviews were not good. It sounds like a whole baseball team booked through them. According to the rental company Wyndham overbooked and there are not enough 3 bedrooms and are trying to get them to stay in 2 bedroom and 1 bedrooms instead. Unfortunately the chaperone ratio must not allow for it. I suspect they were trying to cancel and rebook since based on the price she paid a discount is the only way I see to make it profitable but who knows. I sure hope things work out for her but it sounds like the company isn't very helpful.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They booked 8 months ago for next week. I googled the company she rented from and the reviews were not good. It sounds like a whole baseball team booked through them. According to the rental company Wyndham overbooked and there are not enough 3 bedrooms and are trying to get them to stay in 2 bedroom and 1 bedrooms instead. Unfortunately the chaperone ratio must not allow for it. I suspect they were trying to cancel and rebook since based on the price she paid a discount is the only way I see to make it profitable but who knows. I sure hope things work out for her but it sounds like the company isn't very helpful.

May I ask what they had to pay for a three bedroom unit during spring break? You may be correct that cancel and rebook failed the rental company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

A lie about Bonnet Creek overbooking. Sometimes it happens like last October when the renovations were not finished and I got shafted but there are no issues at this point on the part of the resort. The broker maybe rented too low and then could not fill the reservations or lost on cancel and rebook.