• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen/Wyndham package deal vs HGVC Marbrisa

Reaction score
Hello Tuggers! I'm new to timeshare world, but have been following the boards and have been reading extensively.

I'm having a hard time deciding between 2 deals, so I thought hey! Why not reach out the the experts.

Background about me (if that matters)
I'm in my late twenties, I have no kids, in school now for my masters & I would like to start traveling more as my masters would allow me to do so.

A friend of mine is wanting to sell 2of her timeshares in New Orleans.
1. Blue green la pension jazz fest week
MF 760
2. La belle Maison 189,000 MF 980
She wants to sell to me for 2k each.
Cost:4000
She also said that's she'd throw in
3. Avenue plaza floating week MF 520
For another 1k
Total cost : 5000

I absolutely love NOLA. Went while I was in college, and had a blast! I would mainly want to use it for essence fest. However would want to go for the restricted event weeks jazz fest/mardi gras.
I was thinking that the years I didn't use, I could either rent them out to friends, etc or exchange them. However specifically having a deeded week plus points would give me reservation priotity which I would want for myself and if I were to rent it out.

I've done my research to know that a floating week at avenue plaza I cannot use for event weeks, but I can still use for essence festival and voodoo week, etc. Having points, I can reserve the event weeks, but since there is more points than actual weeks there is a lot of competition, and the only way to actually guarantee a certain event week is to own the actual week. So I feel that buying from my friend, I would cover all bases, and if I ever wanted to go somewhere else, I could exchange.

However, there is a Hilton property that I am interested in. I stayed at the Elara, and I really enjoyed myself. Therefore I was thinking about HGVC.
1. 6200 biennial Marbrisa MF 547
Cost: 3500.

I know that Hilton doesn't have as many resorts as Wyndham, however I know that they have quality.But I know that Hilton is actively exercising ROFR since they received 25mil to buy back properties, so I'm hesitant if I should tell my friend yes or not.

I do want to eventually own Wyndham & Hilton and possibly Starwood. but am unsure of which is the better deal right now.

Thanks in advance

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of La Belle Maison for sale on EBay, the only recent one I can find is 157K points for about $2K including transfer fees. You have to ask your friend if she is paying the Wyndham transfer fee and the transfer company fee, or she expects you to....that's $500 per contract. I don't know anything about the BG, but Jazz Fest week has to have some value. I'd try to get her to throw in the Avenue Plaza week free with the deal.

Someone else will have to answer for HGVC.

PS you would be moving awfully fast if you pick up 3 or four completely different contracts.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
However, there is a Hilton property that I am interested in. I stayed at the Elara, and I really enjoyed myself. Therefore I was thinking about HGVC.
What specifically do you like about Marbrisa? By the time you add in taxes and the HGVC club fee, you end up paying about $1400. ($700 each year) for the 6200 points EOY. It's worth it if you want Marbrisa for some reason, but if you are just looking at buying points, it might not be the best choice. With that said, Elara is also really high for annual fees.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I agree with Presley, that Marbrisa contract is a dud as a trader, only buy if you want to go there every other year for a prime summer week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers! I'm new to timeshare world, but have been following the boards and have been reading extensively.

I'm having a hard time deciding between 2 deals, so I thought hey! Why not reach out the the experts.

Background about me (if that matters)
I'm in my late twenties, I have no kids, in school now for my masters & I would like to start traveling more as my masters would allow me to do so.

A friend of mine is wanting to sell 2of her timeshares in New Orleans.
1. Blue green la pension jazz fest week
MF 760
2. La belle Maison 189,000 MF 980
She wants to sell to me for 2k each.
Cost:4000
She also said that's she'd throw in
3. Avenue plaza floating week MF 520
For another 1k
Total cost : 5000

I absolutely love NOLA. Went while I was in college, and had a blast! I would mainly want to use it for essence fest. However would want to go for the restricted event weeks jazz fest/mardi gras.
I was thinking that the years I didn't use, I could either rent them out to friends, etc or exchange them. However specifically having a deeded week plus points would give me reservation priotity which I would want for myself and if I were to rent it out.

I've done my research to know that a floating week at avenue plaza I cannot use for event weeks, but I can still use for essence festival and voodoo week, etc. Having points, I can reserve the event weeks, but since there is more points than actual weeks there is a lot of competition, and the only way to actually guarantee a certain event week is to own the actual week. So I feel that buying from my friend, I would cover all bases, and if I ever wanted to go somewhere else, I could exchange.

I know that Hilton doesn't have as many resorts as Wyndham, however I know that they have quality.But I know that Hilton is actively exercising ROFR since they received 25mil to buy back properties, so I'm hesitant if I should tell my friend yes or not.

I do want to eventually own Wyndham & Hilton and possibly Starwood. but am unsure of which is the better deal right now.

Thanks in advance

Jazz Fest is a 2 week event, and the performances are Fri, Sat Sunday and Thursday, of the first week and Friday, Sat and Sunday in the second week. A Club La Pension week is Friday to Friday... so that Jazz Fest week is either for the first week, Fri, Sat, Sun and Thursday' s performances or the second week which will include Fri Sat and Sun performances ... The performers often stay in town through the week and will show up at the various clubs to play. But everyone pretty much goes home after the last Sunday performance. So know what you are buying (the second week will include only 3 days of the 10 day festival)
That event week will be good for that Jazz fest week but it also floats and can be used for any other week in the year except the other event weeks, (French Quarter Fest, the other Jazz Fest week, the two weeks of Mardi Gras and Sugar Bowl
Club La Pension is actually 5 interconnected buildings and recently underwent a complete renovation (the place was closed for a year and they completely rebuilt) It is a cool funky place just off Canal St in the French Quarter, with lots of original art, but no pool. or hot tub or rooftop deck... some rooms have a balcony The kitchens are microwave only for cooking and no diswasher (at least thats what I had when I stayed there.

The Avenue Plaza week is a studio, and floats, over the whole year except the 5 event weeks; Jazz Fest, Mardi Gras and Sugar Bowl (French Quarter Fest is not an event week at Avenue Plaza.) Avenue Plaza also allows split weeks so you can make a 3 and a 4 night reservation. (4 nights at Essence and 3 nights for Voodoo for example) At Avenue Plaza you also get a second week that they call Avenue Plaza time or a right to use week, Just pay another maintenance fee. That week can also be split, and whether you own a studio or a one bedroom you can reserve either one for your right to use week.. so reserve your studio and a one bedroom right to use week for the same time and have a party..
Check ins are Fri or Sunday but cant overlap into an event week, split weeks can be any day check in. You should know that some one bedrooms and studios are adjacent and have connecting doors If you can get a combination like that it works like a 2 bedroom lockoff.(make your request to the resort) Also know that some studios have 2 queens and some have one king. and the front desk makes the assignment at check in.. and occupancy is 4 in all rooms, So its possible to show up with a party of 4 and get just one king bed... make your request about a week before check in to the resort. There is no guarantee, but they have always done well by me. (Until recently I owned 14 weeks here, including 4 of the event weeks) Avenue Plaza is in the Garden District right on the street car line, (The French Quarter is about a 15 min ride). There is a nice pool, courtyard and a rooftop deck, every room has a kitchen

the 189000 points at La Belle Maison are enough for a week in a one bedroom. and they can be used any month of the year. Reservations can be 3, 4 or 7 days but check in has to be on a Friday, call in 13 months in advance and you can pretty much count on any of the event weeks. Wyndham built this place within the shell of an old building so everything is new and modern, but not all rooms have full kitchens, and some of the interior rooms have windows that look to an atrium. (great for screening out the street noise but some people dont like them)

Im of two minds regarding the price It seems high to me, Avenue Plaza weeks are give-aways on ebay. and at a penny a point the La Belle points are a little high. and really not necessary as you could use the wyndham points for a Jazz Fest vacation However you may never see another jazz fest week offered and the package itself is worth paying a premium for a New Orleans lover like yourself. And ,of course, purchase price is a one time thing

You could probably do it cheaper piecing something together over time, or by buying all Wyndham points, but this is a great package... Im not going to tell you how to spend your money, but Id do it