*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bike tires that won't go flat. BAD IDEA

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by KCI, Jul 14, 2011.

1. KCI

KCI TUG Member

DW & I bike for exercise and when one tire went flat, I decided to replace the old fashion tubes (with air in them) to Bell's No-Mor Flats tubes (solid flexable tubes with no air in them). They go inside the tire, just like the old tubes. Sounded like a great idea. Unfortunately it's a horrible idea. Installation is very difficult and if you are sucessful, you end up with a bike that is way harder to peddle. Once the conversion is made the tire looks and feels like the old tire, but when you ride the bike it's like you are riding on a soft beach. The effort to propel yourself is way harder, kind of like if you changed a exercise bike from easy to difficult.
    So, beware of changing to No-More Flats. They cost $20 each at WalMart so they aren't cheap. I will be returning them to WalMart.
    KCI Wingman

2. am1

am1 TUG Member

If only you could add some air pressure to these once they are installed.

3. Patri

Patri Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Sounds like me. I went on a community festival bike ride through the countryside last summer. The majority of folks had slick 10+ speed bikes with narrow tires, and I had my trusty 3-speed with wider tires. The hills were murder, but I pedaled my little heart out and refused to walk ever. I made the whole trip but will never do it again. I'm not going to buy a better bike. I only occasionally toodle around the neighborhood as it is.

4. lvhmbh

lvhmbh TUG Member

Thanks for the info. I have an Electra Townie with Fat Frank tires which I keep blown up to the max. Biked at 6 a.m. today from my house in Boca down to Deerfield Beach oceanfront to see the sun come up - took about an hour and 15 minutes and was great exercise besides being really nice. Linda

5. Elan

Elan TUG Member

6. zinger1457

zinger1457 Guest

After going through a series of recurring flats I switched to bike tires that have a kevlar belt and the flat problems were greatly reduced. In Arizona we have goat head thorns (pea size) that are all over the road, especially in the fall, and they like to attach themselves to tires.

7. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club
    Goat heads are the worst! (we have them here in Colorado as well) But after installing the liners (like the ones in Elan's post), I have never had a flat since -- and this includes a fair amount of off-road, single-track mountain biking.

Kurt