• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Biennial contract

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
Is this correct? With the update, if an owner has a 205000 point biennial contract and an annual 305000 contract, he/she will no longer be able to pool together 100000 points from biennal contract with the 305000 contract and have 405000 points to use each year?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
the way I first read it is that you can move all of your points or a portion of your current years points to a future year

so if you have an eoy year 205000 point contract you could take 100000 points and move them to 2019 and have a 405000 point vacation and leave 105000 in 2018 to have a 410000 vacation in 2018

but I see how you could read it differently

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
As a person with a big biennial disparity, I read it the way Ron does. What in the language of the new policy would suggest otherwise?

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
As a person with a big biennial disparity, I read it the way Ron does. What in the language of the new policy would suggest otherwise?
I read so much, info overload, I confused myself. No better place for a clear answer.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whew. I'm glad that there's not a reading that assumes the new Points Deposit feature is even more limited than it seems. I'm going to need to figure out the best way to use it, because my odd years have a ton of points and my even years just a few.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have pooled in the past. For my calendar 2018 points I read it that I can deposit 50% of them in 2019 and 50% in 2020 use years.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
the way I first read it is that you can move all of your points or a portion of your current years points to a future year

so if you have an eoy year 205000 point contract you could take 100000 points and move them to 2019 and have a 405000 point vacation and leave 105000 in 2018 to have a 410000 vacation in 2018

but I see how you could read it differently
So the question remains: will a Points Deposit (and associated fee) be required to accomplish this? My guess is, yes, but I have no experience with biennial contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it will - says so in the new supplement, $39 online or $49 with a Vacation Guide.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you going to try to balance it? I'm a bit lopsided myself.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you going to try to balance it? I'm a bit lopsided myself.

Up until now we haven't had a problem with our imbalance. Our biennial points are in Myrtle Beach, so it allows us to have a splurgey summer beach vacation in the odd years if we want to, although we actually have never booked anything up to the limits of our available points for ARP, but the idea was that we could bring relatives, etc. And then we've typically put the rest in the pool. I think we'll probably try to make it through the 2019 cycle with what we have and see how it goes. One thought that crossed my mind is that in a worst-case scenario, a summer MB reservation would probably be fairly easy to rent and at least break even if not make a few bucks.

Although I am left with a couple of questions that may influence my decision:

1. Will Points Deposit points be able to be deposited into RCI? We still like our DVC exchanges. I can see why they don't allow the current Credit Pool points to be deposited to RCI, because you've extended them up to three years and they don't want you to extend them for two more. But the Points Deposit feature, although it allows you to move your points, still only gives you one year of use, so I would argue that it's reasonable to allow you to extend in RCI. If they would listen to my argument. ;)

2. How will the system handle the Myrtle Beach reciprocal ARP? We own at a couple of different resorts/HOAs, and in the past have been able to combine those points for ARP reservations (though each time, the front-line person I talked to didn't think it could be done, it ultimately could be). Hopefully I can start testing the system on that by this December with our 2019 points, if someone else doesn't before then. If we can't combine those separate contracts for ARP, it may be worth it to change our ownership around.