• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of Vallarta Gardens (2014)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me make this as clear as I possibly can...

Vallarta Gardens is a known scam. This has been verified by countless victims or would-be victims. One person who signs up to TUG for the singular reason of shilling for the scam and falsely claiming all the benefits of it is not going to change our understanding of Vallarta Gardens or dissuade us from steering victims away from your scam in any way we can.

You are the only ones with good things to say about Vallarta Gardens because you are a fraud. All of you should be in prison.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Are we the only ones with good things to say about Vallarta Gardens?
Apparently you are! Since you are posting from an IP address in Mexico, we are suspicious!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
GERUM, you gave yourself away with pretty good English- though certain things indicate it is not your first language. You just signed up to TUG today then post glowing reports of a resort we KNOW is a scam. You post from a Mexican IP address. You mention $5,000 pesos- no American would write it that way. You know too many terms that would be familiar to a timeshare salesman, 'fractional ownership', 'Registry Collection' others. You mention that you 'and your wife'your first timeshare in 1985 (note by your chosen avatar that you identify as female). That's over 30 years ago, and you just found TUG today??? Amazing.

I suspect you are a timeshare salesperson. These and others are just a few of the red flags thrown up. Your lack of consistency gives you away.

If you are simply a Mexican National, who owns at this resort, you have our sympathy. You overpaid, and for those (purported) $45,000 USD you claim to have spent, you could have bought or rented a lot more luxurious vacation accommodations for a lot less.

I wish you no ill will, but your claims here are not valid.

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
Ok Sir, that is real nice...

You certainly made it clear…

My Wife and I Still a happy owners at Vallarta Gardens and that is that.

Whatever happened to your ENDLESS VICTIMS, well… I don’t know…

All we have to tell you Sir is that we went there, we liked it, we bought it, we use it, and we are happy with the purchase.

I’m here to tell you Sir that we pay $45,000 for the fraction at Vallarta Gardens, we love it, we use it, and we have never in all of our years of timesharing our contracts had ever sated as much as we did in Vallarta Gardens, it is gorgeous…

I’m aware of the stretches that a salesman can go to get his sale, but Sir you would have to be complete mental case to NOT be able to know how much truth is.

Come on…

Please don’t tell me that you are as gullible as to believe that you are going to get $1,000,000 USD for the timeshare contracts that you paid $3,000 USD…

Come on…

When the salesman told us precisely that, we laugh about his proposal…

We purchased Vallarta Gardens, because… WE LIKED VALLARTA GARDENS and the exquisite higher level of vacation possibilities via REGISTRY COLLECTION, and nothing more.

You Sir Ty1on, would have to be and IDIOT to believe something like that…

We bought Vallarta Gardens because we loved Vallarta Gardens, and that is that.

The salesman was a salesman, and I Sir, was a buyer, and I don’t buy stupid things as I am not buying your negativity.

We still have 3 of our old timeshare contracts, and up in the crown of our timeshare experience is my procurement in Vallarta Gardens.

Mr.Ty1on, when you get $45,000 USD to luxury purchase a property of this caliber, maybe that day you would stop Tying One On in the obscure corners of a negative timeshare website and explore what the world has to offer.

Good day Sir.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok Sir, that is real nice...

You certainly made it clear…

My Wife and I Still a happy owners at Vallarta Gardens and that is that.

Whatever happened to your ENDLESS VICTIMS, well… I don’t know…

All we have to tell you Sir is that we went there, we liked it, we bought it, we use it, and we are happy with the purchase.

I’m here to tell you Sir that we pay $45,000 for the fraction at Vallarta Gardens, we love it, we use it, and we have never in all of our years of timesharing our contracts had ever sated as much as we did in Vallarta Gardens, it is gorgeous…

I’m aware of the stretches that a salesman can go to get his sale, but Sir you would have to be complete mental case to NOT be able to know how much truth is.

Come on…

Please don’t tell me that you are as gullible as to believe that you are going to get $1,000,000 USD for the timeshare contracts that you paid $3,000 USD…

Come on…

When the salesman told us precisely that, we laugh about his proposal…

We purchased Vallarta Gardens, because… WE LIKED VALLARTA GARDENS and the exquisite higher level of vacation possibilities via REGISTRY COLLECTION, and nothing more.

You Sir Ty1on, would have to be and IDIOT to believe something like that…

We bought Vallarta Gardens because we loved Vallarta Gardens, and that is that.

The salesman was a salesman, and I Sir, was a buyer, and I don’t buy stupid things as I am not buying your negativity.

We still have 3 of our old timeshare contracts, and up in the crown of our timeshare experience is my procurement in Vallarta Gardens.

Mr.Ty1on, when you get $45,000 USD to luxury purchase a property of this caliber, maybe that day you would stop Tying One On in the obscure corners of a negative timeshare website and explore what the world has to offer.

Good day Sir.

This website is very positive about timeshare. What it is negative about is frauds, scammers, and lying shills like you.

I'm sure you don't buy stupid things, and I would submit that you haven't bought into this fictitious Vallarta Gardens, but are merely trying to counterattack the exposure this thread generates on web searches.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sometimes they just make it so obvious!

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
*deleted....nonsense...rule violations...bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We all have a life here. I would suggest you follow your own advice, get a life, or shill your fraud on Redweek instead of here.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must've touched a nerve here somewhere.

GERUM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VALLARTA GARDENS MEXICO
Red Week.?
LOL...
God Day Sirs.!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems a large amount of the stupidity is centered on an IP address in Mexico today.

Cate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
We are Vallarta Gardens' most recent VICTIMS!!

I have read this entire thread and am absolutely horrified! We are way past the time frame to get out of this with any sort of a refund of our deposit. We owe more, but we want out NOW. I don't want to give THEM another penny.

Does anyone out there know if anyone is actively pursuing any sort of a suit against them, as a group? I have so many questions, but I read that Vallarta Gardens is "monitoring" this site. So I am reluctant as to what I dare to say here...

Can anyone update me on anything "new" they might know since the most recent post above on Jan. 6, 2017? I saw no mention of ASCOM, who is the current third party handling the supposed sale of our current timeshare, etc. (We are NOT going to be giving them a copy of our deed, as I know now that this sale will never happen.)

Any comments on this post are very much appreciated. THANK YOU!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Cate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
My husband contacted Profeco on Monday but we still have not heard anything from them three days later. I have read that they are slow...but I feel like we should have at least received some sort of an acknowledgement from them by now?? Does anyone know if this is typical? (He's reached out to them at least 3-4 times, actually. And I have been unable to call them at the numbers provided.) I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts any of you may have on this/Profeco!

Also, I have read several times on this thread that it's not worth hiring an attorney/firm to terminate, that people can likely quit paying without any major repercussions other than a poor credit reporting for awhile. And that in time this will go away, also. Well, we have reached out to Resort Release and the BBB gives them an A+ rating. We have read several reviews and they have several satisfied customers. They seem very good and honest. While I hate to spend more money on this, we are strongly considering doing it for peace of mind. Has anyone heard anything about them? Or do you recommend someone else? Or does anyone have anything to share about it truly being a waste of money?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi Cate. Did you send a letter of rescission to Vallarta Gardens or have any way to document you tried to rescind within the 5 day rescission period ? An email, fax or whatever, in writing, to Vallarta Gardens, stating that you are rescinding the contract is what you need. Profeco would want to see this as well. Verbal promises from VG hold no significance on the mater.

If your past the 5 day rescission window it has to be proved to Profeco, and possibly in court, that VG did something unlawful, to rescind your contract. The Mexican court system is different that of the USA and you would probably need to find an attorney to sort it all out.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, they have owned for some time-it looks like this is one of those trade-in deals.

Cate, I don't have much advice. If you make clear that you are not paying another nickel to them, I think there is a good chance they'll eventually give up. In Mexico, there is no deed, nothing to foreclose, and It's questionable that there is a penalty for non-pay other than you lose the membership- and that's what you want anyway.

We wish you good Luck. Keep us informed.

Jim

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we have reached out to Resort Release and the BBB gives them an A+ rating. We have read several reviews and they have several satisfied customers. They seem very good and honest. While I hate to spend more money on this, we are strongly considering doing it for peace of mind. Has anyone heard anything about them? Or do you recommend someone else? Or does anyone have anything to share about it truly being a waste of money?

We generally do not recommend here on TUG using these "Get out of your timeshare contract" companies. A lot of them are scams. Others just charge you a lot of money to do what you can do yourself.

As has been recommended above, perhaps contact the resort and mention that you are not going to pay anything further into this. Check your contract. It might say something about what happens if you stop paying. Likely it will just mean a termination of membership.

Monica71

Reaction score
We are Vallarta Gardens' most recent VICTIMS!!

I have read this entire thread and am absolutely horrified! We are way past the time frame to get out of this with any sort of a refund of our deposit. We owe more, but we want out NOW. I don't want to give THEM another penny.

Does anyone out there know if anyone is actively pursuing any sort of a suit against them, as a group? I have so many questions, but I read that Vallarta Gardens is "monitoring" this site. So I am reluctant as to what I dare to say here...

Can anyone update me on anything "new" they might know since the most recent post above on Jan. 6, 2017? I saw no mention of ASCOM, who is the current third party handling the supposed sale of our current timeshare, etc. (We are NOT going to be giving them a copy of our deed, as I know now that this sale will never happen.)

Any comments on this post are very much appreciated. THANK YOU!!

Hi Cate,

What was your outcome? Have you paid anymore money to Vallarta Gardens?

Sherby Ong

Reaction score
No, you will not receive any money for the timeshare you traded. And you will not be able to rent your extra weeks to pay for your timeshare. Neither will they buy back your contract in two years as guaranteed in the contract. It's a beautiful property, but nothing they say is the truth. I finally was able to catch them in some lies in an email and sent it to my bank. After two years of dispute, I finally got my money back from the credit card company. They are disgrace and should not be allowed to continue to do business. You can rent a villa off the internet if you really want to stay there - just don't buy anything from them!
How did u managed to get money back?

Reaction score
This thread is sounding scary, but so glad I found it and skimmed through it.

Is it a big mistake to have paid for a discounted stay at Vallarta Gardens with compulsory sales pitch? As long as I survive the presentation without buying anything, all is good, right?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
This thread is sounding scary, but so glad I found it and skimmed through it.

..... stay at Vallarta Gardens with compulsory sales pitch? As long as I survive the presentation without buying anything, all is good, right?

It is a real resort -

the thread forwarns you of their sales format and the reason (IMO) the resort exists .