*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Best Way to get to Victoria BC from Birch Bay WA

Discussion in 'US - West Coast Timesharing' started by marcmuff, Sep 6, 2006.

1. marcmuff

marcmuff TUG Member

We're going to be at Worldmark Birch Bay the week of October 20-27, 2006. We want to take the ferry to Victoria and would like to see Butchert Gardens as well - all in one day??

I'm getting dizzy looking at all the Washington and BC ferry schedules. Would it be feasible to take the rental car on the ferry? Is the Tsawwassen ferry the closest? There will be 4 of us traveling.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Tsawwassen - Sydney would probably be the best (fastest). No problem taking the rental car on the ferry. Just verify with your rental company that you are allowed to take the car into BC. (If you're renting in Seattle, I don't thank that will be an issue, as I believe rental companies typically allow you take a Washington rental to OR, ID, and BC.

3. Victoria

Victoria TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Definitely the Tsawwassen ferry would be the most convenient. Birch Bay is right at the US,-Canada border. The ferry terminal is about a thirty minute drive from there. You should have no trouble with a rented car, just make sure you have picture ID - a passport is best, but not required - yet!

4. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    Hey, Steve--if you are trying to talk "Texan" that statement should be
    "Ah don't thank that will be an issue";)

5. jsfletch

jsfletch TUG Member

All above is good advice. And as a word of further advice...... allow ample time to cross the border. With all the issues today it took us nearly an hour the last time we x'ed (AUG). Also, you might consider making a ferry reservation. I'm not sure you'll need one on the Sydney end but just to be safe........ I think my favorite way to go is by air... forget the car and the ferries. Take off from either Bellingham or Vancouver arrive by seaplane at the back entrance to Buchart. You'll get great views of the San Juans and the Gulf Islands.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/Content/EN/482.asp#By_Air_

6. T_R_Oglodyte

Nah, Karen, that's just a typp.

Had I been doing Texan, it would have been "Ah don't thank that will be an issue for y'all.";)

7. T_R_Oglodyte

I've been using passports exclusively at the border for four or five years now, so I don't guarantee my info is current. But the last time I checked, you needed both government-issued picture ID and an original (not photocopied) birth certificate to come back into the US if you didn't have a passport.

Two years ago my daughter forgot her passport and triied to come back into the US with just her driver's license. She was denied entry and had to go to the US Consulate in Vancouver to get authorization to re-enter the US.

8. marcmuff

marcmuff TUG Member

Thanks for all your help - I didn't even think about flying to Victoria - now I want to do that, too. LOL.

[​IMG]