• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to get 9 consecutive days at a resort 10 months in advance...

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Wyndham newbie question:I have enough pts to spend 9 days at Kona Hawaiian Resort in High season (wks 1>4) every year. One wk stays, booked >90 days out, have to start on a Fri or Sun. And you can't book 2 day stays until the 90 day window I believe. Is there a way to do this 9-10 months in advance?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rule probably is that 7 day stays have to begin in a fri sat or Sunday and 3 or 4 day stays have to begin or end on a fri sat or Sunday. So it's going to have to be 10 days

you could do 3 days beginning on a Tuesday and 7 days beginning on a Friday.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Ron. Here's what it says: "Full week stays require check-in and check-out on Friday or Sunday. 3 or 4 night stays in Prime season require check-in or check-out on Friday or Sunday."

But I'm staying during HIGH season so can I check-in or check-out on ANY day with a 3 or 4 day reservation?

However, if I want to add on only 2 days, I guess I'm stuck waiting til the 90 day window.

A compromise would be to have an 11 day stay EOY and a 7 day the other years.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or rent points until you can buy more

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I'm staying during HIGH season so can I check-in or check-out on ANY day with a 3 or 4 day reservation?
Outside of Prime, you can book reservation segments of any length from 2-7, checking in on any day of the week, unless the resort is restricted to 7-night stays only. So, you should be able to do this during High season. See the Directory, page 336, under the topic "Standard Reservations."

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outside of Prime, you can book reservation segments of any length from 2-7, checking in on any day of the week, unless the resort is restricted to 7-night stays only. So, you should be able to do this during High season. See the Directory, page 336, under the topic "Standard Reservations."

Bingo. I was on that page earlier today and skipped right those lines. Thanks bnoble.

Ron, I have enough pts for a 9 day stay every yr.

Cheers,
Phil

okkid

Reaction score
If you need 9 nights (10 days) could you not do 3 separate reservation each for 3 nights (if there are no restrictions on check in or check out day due to it being high season)? It would cost you 3 sets of housekeeping points but you can always request a refund for 1 set of them from owner care if you are kept in the same room for the full 9 nights. I have had success in the past getting housekeeping points refunded when I had to do a split reservation and ended up being kept in the same room once we checked in...just had to wait until after the stay to request the refund. If you need 8 nights (9 days) then two 4 night reservations would be the route you would be taking.

okkid

Reaction score
If you need 9 nights (10 days) could you not do 3 separate reservation each for 3 nights (if there are no restrictions on check in or check out day due to it being high season)? It would cost you 3 sets of housekeeping points but you can always request a refund for 1 set of them from owner care if you are kept in the same room for the full 9 nights. I have had success in the past getting housekeeping points refunded when I had to do a split reservation and ended up being kept in the same room once we checked in...just had to wait until after the stay to request the refund. If you need 8 nights (9 days) then two 4 night reservations would be the route you would be taking.
Just to add----the only way I could see you getting refund on some housekeeping points in the 3 separate reservation scenario is if you forgo a unit cleaning between the first and 2nd segment. Call the vacation planning/reservation # and see if that is possible as my first hand experience is just with a split reservation that was created by the online res system...just providing a possible scenario that may work for you if you have enough house keeping points to do 3 separate reservations.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the simplest way will be to do a 2-day, Wed-Fri, and then a 7-day, Fri>Fri. That's my thought anyway. :) Plus, it's easier to get airline award seats on a Wed.