*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Best Place to find one night at the Royal Islander

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by Patios, May 6, 2012.

1. Patios

Patios TUG Member

Hi all,

We have a guest coming in a day early to stay at the Royal Islander. I know she could rent from the Royals but it is pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend a place to find a studio for one night this coming June 8th?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Patrick

2. jbuzzy11

jbuzzy11 TUG Member

Hello Patrick,
    I have come in a day early quite a few times and would use priceline and just move in the morning, it runs about $60.00 a night for the room, I have a total of 4 and have never had a problem. what I have found is you can just rent a Studio at the Mayan through RR for about $125.00 and have them move your bags the next day but then you run into the problem of you cant have more then 2 ppl. I dont know how many ppl you have but check the mayan or priceline.

I just checked the night you wanted and you can get a studio for $102.00 a night Tax included! you wont do much better then this.. good luck.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. pjrose

pjrose Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Also check the TUG marketplace and omcancun.com. Sometimes owners will rent just one night.
    If she can't get it at the Royals, use the Omni, next door to the Mayan. We've done that a few times, via Travelocity or Expedia. It was about $160 including tax a few years ago, sleeps four, and included an excellent buffet brunch for everyone. Nice pools too.
    then you can either wheel your luggage over to the Royals, or get a cab....I know a cab sounds silly for such a short distance, but it's a hot walk through the parking lots and down and up hill to go from the Omni to the Islander.

4. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

you can also go to royalresortowners.ning.com and ask if anyone has a lockoff to rent.

5. Patios

Patios TUG Member

Thanks to you both. It is my step daughter and her 5 and 6 year old. I will pass this info on and see what she wants to do. It seems like a good deal on Priceline. I have an exchange that is about to expire and I was thinking I could just do an II short stay just to get the night but it looks like the Royal are now charging for resort use which took the value out of that idea.

Thanks again.

6. Patios

Patios TUG Member

Thanks Ilene, I wasn't aware of that site. I will check it out as well.