• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Family Resort with 2 kids Hilton Head

Idomeneus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Planning a trip to Hilton Head at the end of May 2016. I have 2 kids (6 and 3). Wondering which resort you think is the most kid friendly. Proximity to the beach would also be a consideration. Here is what is available:

Southwind II
Brigantine Quarters
Island Links by Coral Resorts
Port O'Call
Coral Reef Resort
Spinnaker at Shipyard
Coral Sands Resort

I realize some of these are the same complex but I am not familiar with Hilton Head at all. Thanks for any help!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Hi all.

Planning a trip to Hilton Head at the end of May 2016. I have 2 kids (6 and 3). Wondering which resort you think is the most kid friendly. Proximity to the beach would also be a consideration. Here is what is available:

Southwind II
Brigantine Quarters
Island Links by Coral Resorts
Port O'Call
Coral Reef Resort
Spinnaker at Shipyard
Coral Sands Resort

I realize some of these are the same complex but I am not familiar with Hilton Head at all. Thanks for any help!

Use the link to the timeshare map locator below,
& follow these instructions.
Near top, in the dark green strip, Click on "SouthEast USA".
(This is a good resource for ANY area.)

Center the map on Hilton Head (may have to KEEP centering it a few times),
and keep using the "+" button to ZOOM in.
You'll begin to see colored pins all over the island, and those might give you the locations of some of the timeshare resort locations you seek, and their proximities to the beach. Frankly, from my knowledge, none of them are close to the beach, and will require a long walk or a short drive. You may wish to just get the best resort possible regardless of location (based on your research) and drive to the beach, or seek another resort later if it comes open which might be closer. Waterside by Spinnaker is fairly close (more walkable than any other, say 4-5 blocks, and in the same Spinnaker system), so take it from there.

http://tug2.com/tsmaps/TimeshareMaps.html

Also use this one below to specifically show the ones YOU mentioned above.
Click on double arrow at lower right near the word "Explore"/yellow man figure to clear off the pics at bottom and thus a better view.
You can "click & drag" to move the center of the picture around, or ZOOM to adjust as needed.
https://goo.gl/maps/2RBmMvR8eJ12

The last one mentioned, Coral Sands, is not identified as such, but that's where it is....66 Pope Ave

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
if you can get Waterside, it's perfect for your ages, with a zero entry big pool with a huge shade umbrella where you can sit at water's edge and be within arms reach of your kids--and they can even have some shade, if needed. There is also a deepish baby pool/spray ground that my kids spent a lot of time at.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Coral Sands is great. They have a kids pool & a small lazy river. You can walk to the beach but it's not a short walk. You can walk to the beach from Waterside also. It's about 3 blocks. I have also stayed at Port 'O Call & Southwind. I would not consider them walkable. Don't know about the others.