• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best credit card for a small business?

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's your experience with best credit card for a new small business? Best benefits etc. We already have a Discover and AA AAdvantage Citi card for personal use.

Thanks

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Even though I have a couple of business credit cards I rarely use them. One is the Costco Citi Bank card which we never use and the other is an American Express Hilton used for travel. We try to keep most of our purchases on our Alaska Air card for air miles and companion tickets. We never carry a balance on any of the cards.

You might want to get a revolving line of credit with a lower apr if you need to carry a balance. We use Wells Fargo and Bank of America lines of credit occasionally for big purchases. I try to use the credit card first and then pay the credit card with the line of credit.

Bill

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you never carry balances, then take the card that gives you the most bennies on the airlines or hotels you use the most. I have a personal and business Alaska VISA. Also Costco. Alaska obviously for the miles and Costco Citi for money back. Also an AA Barclay's that I will be cancelling before next renewal. I want to get one flight out of it for business. I signed up for it for the miles, actually US Air, and if I get one more flight with miles I will be close to even in annual fees.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I'm loving my Chase Ink and Chase Sapphire Reserved cards.

Ink gives 5X points for office supplies store, cable and phone charges. Problem is I don't think they offer the same chase Ink card anymore.

I also have the Chase Sapphire Reserved Card, It give 3X points for all travel, including Timeshare MF and charges and meals. This card also gives you a 50% bonus for booking your travel in their travel portal, I use it for Domestic Air travel. There are also transfers of points to many major airline and hotel programs at a rate of 1:1. It has a hefty $450 a year fee, but offers $300 cash back annually on any travel, and the credit it instant. If you get it near the end of the year, your annual travel credit offsets the $450 fee. I got my card in late Oct, paid some MFs got the $300 instant credit, got billed for my annual fee in Dec Statement, and in January I got another $300 credit. So I got back $600 credit in the first year on a $450 annual fee. It also provide other worthwhile perks, like Priority Club membership, and Global Entry Fee paid. The sign up bonus was also great, I got it when the bonus was 100,000 points after only 4K spending, but it is now reduced to only a 50K bonus. 100K is worth about $1500 in travel, if I spend it in the portal or $1000 cash back. Enough to offset the annual fee for me for a few years at least.

I am currently sitting on over 500,000 point and I have been booking Airline tickets with it.

I never carry any balances. Only way to make the points play work. If you get a 0% interest card, they generally offer NO other perks.

The Chase Ink Preferred Business card is like the Sapphire in its earning and points portal, but it offers a 25% bonus for the portal, it is offering an 80,000 point bonus after minimum spend in 3 months, and its only $95 a year (might be waived the first year), that card might be the one to consider right now.

Last edited:

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
If you have personal credit cards then check to see if you can tie your business cards benefits to your personal account. I had Delta American Express personal card tied to my frequent flyer account. When I got my small business credit card I found that I could get a Delta American Express businss card and could tie it to that same Delta freqent flyer account. Gave me double the bang on miles.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas :thumbup:

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an Alaska card for personal and added another as a business card. I did it to gain extra miles and companion fares.
It is kept paid in full, not so good with personal.