• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best company to rent my Westin Maui timeshare ?

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know online places but what actually company is fair and gets results ?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we suggest renting it yourself on TUG =)

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've rented a Westin Maui unit from DeniseM. She is a moderator here, and rents them for what I would consider a reasonable commission. You could PM her or Google DeniseM Travels.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek.com hands down is your best option for a high end Marriott or Westin TSs.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Redweek.com hands down is your best option for a high end Marriott or Westin TSs.
I hope you are right. We have had a thanksgiving week Westin St John studio listed for 6 months with Redweek, without yet a nibble...despite the fact we have the lowest asking price for any Coral Vista studio in the fall timeframe. Still 6 months to go though, so we haven't given up hope.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Some perspective on Redweek from a renter:

Redweek requires a paid membership to contact someone who has posted an ad. Some time ago I actually paid for a redweek membership because I wanted to rent a timeshare listed there, and got a reply the unit is no longer available. Because I do not own any timeshares that I may need to rent out, I am not going to pay for redweek membership just to ask a question.

Listing on redweek you lose a significant portion of people potentially interested in renting your timeshare because there are, like myself, not going to pay for membership.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.

Home away.com VRBO.com or AirBNB.com

Expedia owns VRBO. So listing it their is the best. Tug will not make you the most money.

Try it. VRBO or Airbnb. Look up your resort and list it. This site doesn't show up on trivago, expedia, hotels.com etc.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
When I owned WKORV, I had good success listing it on TUG and Redweek for rent/exchange. I've also rented from other TUG owners as well on Redweek. I actually like that both places require a membership fee because I think it helps alleviate the riffraff that you'll find on eBay, Craigs List, etc. My advice no matter where you list is to price it aggressively because you have literally hundreds of competing ads. For instance, I'd offer my OF unit for $3500, which a very good deal from the buyer's perspective, but also allowed me to make about $800 on the transaction.

If you don't want the hassle and want an agent that will do all the leg work for you, I've recently come across a company called Concierge Realty that rents and sells/buys timeshares. The owner/agent, Michelle Donato, has been a timeshare reseller for years so I'd have no issues renting from her. They have tons of listings, but I have no idea what cut they'll take.

Also, if it appeals to you WKORV is a good option to offer up as an exchanger.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.
Try VRBO. Fee is 200 dollars but you will rent it for a lot more. List it 15% below what the hotel website lists it for and gen it will pop up on Expedia as a hot deal or on Hotwire. They are all the same. I usually double my MF using those sites.

When I owned WKORV, I had good success listing it on TUG and Redweek for rent/exchange. I've also rented from other TUG owners as well on Redweek. I actually like that both places require a membership fee because I think it helps alleviate the riffraff that you'll find on eBay, Craigs List, etc. My advice no matter where you list is to price it aggressively because you have literally hundreds of competing ads. For instance, I'd offer my OF unit for $3500, which a very good deal from the buyer's perspective, but also allowed me to make about $800 on the transaction.

If you don't want the hassle and want an agent that will do all the leg work for you, I've recently come across a company called Concierge Realty that rents and sells/buys timeshares. The owner/agent, Michelle Donato, has been a timeshare reseller for years so I'd have no issues renting from her. They have tons of listings, but I have no idea what cut they'll take.

Also, if it appeals to you WKORV is a good option to offer up as an exchanger.
Fee

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Redweek several times for rentals with great success for my Westin Hawaii units.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
This year I rented my WKORVN unit through The Timeshare Brokers. The contacted me based off of my Redweek ad. I had an Oceanfront unit for Feb that we couldn't use. I was pretty nervous as so much of the industry seems shady. Someone on TUG told me they were ok so I went for it. I was paid in full in Oct by check and it was pretty seamless. Good luck.