TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

bella phase staroptions 67,100

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by haras, Mar 20, 2017.

1. haras

haras TUG Member

is this for a 2 bedroom during a time of year that's not platinum? I'm new to vistana. i'm being offered this for $500 with all closing paid for. Do you think this is a good deal?

2. jabberwocky

jabberwocky TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR, SDO
    It's in the Gold Plus season - not platinum. Whether it is a good deal or not is up to you and what your objectives are. For not much more upfront cost you can pick up a Platinum week which would have 81,000 SO with the same annual MF.

3. haras

haras TUG Member

ok, thanks. This is what I want to hear. I cant find any in the marketplace for a cheap buy in. Guess I just need to learn to be more patient.

4. jabberwocky

jabberwocky TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR, SDO
    There is a 81,000 SO unit on redweek for $1500 which is fairly reasonable in my opinion. Another way to think of this is that an 81,000/year unit gives you a shot at a 2BR in Hawaii every second year, a 67,100/year does not.

haras likes this.
  5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I agree with the above. Gold Plus SVV isn't the best option as an SO generator. With the MF being the same for a Gold Plus or Platinum, there is far more value from the Platinum since you get more SOs for basically the same MF. I would think that a Gold Plus SVV 2BR would be basically free with perhaps just paying the closing costs. The Platinum weeks sell higher, as indicated above a for about $1000-$1500. Platinum weeks go up for sale pretty often. Redweek is also a good place to watch for them.

haras likes this.
  6. LisaRex

LisaRex TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
    ...And if you get a 2 bdrm LOCKOFF at SVV Bella or Key West, you can get 95,700 SOs. If you bank one year, you'll have enough SOs for a 2bdrm OF at WKORV or a 2 bdrm at any resort in platinum season, including WSJ. That might give you an edge given how tight the SO exchanges have been. Well worth the additional purchase price and MFs, IMO.

haras likes this.
  7. haras

haras TUG Member

thank you all so much for your input. i didn't move forward with the 67,100 SO. They were offering free 2017 usage with the $525 purchase price but i know i'm better off waiting or paying a little more for the better value.

8. maddog497

maddog497 Guest

FYI, we recently picked up a Key West 95,700 and a Bella 67,100 for under $1400 closing and all. Some would say not great deal but it fit exactly what we were looking for. and it came along when we were ready. It came from the market place here and we are great-full for it. The Key West is annual and the Bella is biannual. We can prepay the Bella and that should get us some decent places to try every other year.

We aren't fancy people so we are hopeful to get some extended stays off season as well with the amount of points this gave us.

Keep searching, and be prepared to jump on something that comes along that meets all your needs.

9. r1lee

r1lee Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV

What's the maintenance fees?

10. haras

haras TUG Member

Approximately $1300

11. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    A Prime (Platinum) Bella week just popped up on EBay. $1500 starting bid.