TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Club Questions

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by linsj, Jan 10, 2017.

1. linsj

linsj TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, Kauai Beach Villas
    Do the lanais have chaise lounges?

I think I read somewhere here that you can charge meals at the Hilton hotel to your Bay Club room. Is that correct?

Do Bay Club credit card charges show as HGVC for extra Honors points?

Does anyone know what the booking codes for one-bedroom units mean? For the dates I looked at, only half are available; but I can't figure out what's different about these units.

2. jacknsara

jacknsara TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
    Aloha,
    I just looked at a photo we took of the building in May 2012 which contains several lanais. They all appear to have lounges.
    Jack

3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR Falls, GPR Seapointe, HGVC Lagoon, HGVC King's Land.
    There are two types on 1br, one has an extra half bath near the entrance door.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

4. linsj

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, Kauai Beach Villas
    The descriptions are all the same and all for one-bedroom, one-bath units.

5. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR Falls, GPR Seapointe, HGVC Lagoon, HGVC King's Land.
    I'm aware of that, but I owned a Bay Club one bedroom, deeded as 928 and it was 1-1/2 bath when I stayed there. I think its type D, the 1 bath is type C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

There are 2 types of 1 BR units..... a C and a D.

All floorplans can be found here... http://www.tug2.com/RepPages/Resorts/11874.htm

I don't even know how to access those additional pages anymore but a search yielded the result.

ljmiii likes this.
  7. linsj

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, Kauai Beach Villas
    I booked today. Since I was coordinating with other lodging, I had to check several dates. One time one of the one-bedrooms was fewer points than it should have been for the days I was booking according to the points chart. Unfortunately, those dates didn't work for me. Another set of dates had one-bedrooms at two different point totals, so I assume they may have been the ones with the extra half bath, although the square footage is the same for all of them and there is no difference in the points chart. All of the dates were within the gold season. Weird all around.

8. Sandy VDH

Are you right near the start or end of Gold week. Sometimes a Sunday check in Gold has days available that overlap with a Friday check in Platinum week.

So its not just the dates you have to check it is the start date of the week that 7 day allotment happens.

Was that the case for you? Beginning or end of Gold

9. linsj

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, Kauai Beach Villas
    I understand this, but I was looking in the middle of gold season.

10. Sandy VDH

Then there must be a data entry error. Someone else posted this problem where it was double the points for something online. So perhaps they went farther into Platinum for some weeks, farther than they should have. No idea otherwise.

Did you look it up on the point chart, to compare what you were charged with what you expected?

11. linsj

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, Kauai Beach Villas
    Sure did, and all one-bedrooms are the same number of points on the chart. So either the chart is wrong or someone programmed the website wrong. Regardless, I finally got what I wanted for the number of points I was expecting but taking far more time than I expected. (I'm the one who posted about the website taking almost double the points today--for this Bay Club reservation. I don't know if it's a site-wide problem or only on the Bay Club page.)