TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Club and HGVC Questions

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Frasier, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Frasier

Frasier TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, 2BR+ 8400 Pts Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe
    Maybe this information has been posted somewhere but I can’t find an answer. I was looking at purchasing the Bay Club (resale of course). I want it to be added to my existing HGVC account (I also own at the Mabrisa) so I can see the points etc. all in one place. The reason for enrolling is so I can use it for points if I choose. I am assuming this can be done as long as I enroll it in HGVC after I purchase it? Is it also true if I enroll a Bay Club purchase in HGVC I can use the points through the RCI portal just as I do now with my existing account? I obviously don’t want to set up a second RCI account. This is a great site and I am new to this so any help is appreciated.

2. bagabonz

bagabonz Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bay Club Waikoloa
    No experience with RCI but I have bought two resale Bay Club units on ebay and after enrolling them in HGVC the points are usable at any HGVC resort.

3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    In addition to enrolling in HGVC to use the corporate RCI account you can also add it to an RCI account and deposit a week for TPUs.

The advantage of a second RCI account for HGVC owners is being able to book the HGVC bulk deposits, which are well before the 9 month club season block on the corp account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klpca likes this.
  4. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    Thanks Dave. I didn't know that. So do you think that you could get around the 1-4 rules at various resorts by using two accounts?

5. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Thanks Dave. Interesting idea! (I love learning these nuggets from the Tug community). Two questions:

1) Do you have to deposit the unit before finding a trade?
    a) How would an HGVC deposit be valued relative to other exchanges?
    2) Can I use my HGVC week to join Interval International to deposit and exchange for Marriott's, Hyatts and Westins?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Hgvc resorts only trade in rci not in II. Some affiliates trade in II but bay club does not.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  7. Frasier

Frasier TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, 2BR+ 8400 Pts Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe
    Thanks, I had not considered that reason for signing up for an additional RCI account. Also good to know that it will work with the corporate RCI account as long as I enroll it with HGVC.

8. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    There is a section on the Bay Club reservation request form to "spacebank" your usage in RCI, just fill in your account number. I think they pick the week and you get a blended tpu valu deposited in your account. I'm not sure what the value is, but I got 30 tpu for my 1br Seapointe week, I imagine its at least that much or more.

If you want a II trader look at picking up a fixed high demand week Sheraton, they trade in RCI and II and have the lower annual fees than Marriott or Hyatt.

I used to own a fixed week 12 SVR and received 56 tpu one year when it fell the week before Easter. I was able to get 2 consecutive HGVC weeks at Kings Land that year, a 2br plus phase 1 and then a 1 br plus in phase 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk