• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bali Hai Points Conversion

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Hello,

I currently own a weeks membership at Bali Hai for about 10 years and am looking to purchase a points membership.
I am currently debating this listing, however I am unaware of how the points system really works with RCI.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-BAL...%3Af7c23cb615b0aa4735cf916affff4696%7Ciid%3A1

I know there is more flexibility to travel less than or more than a weekend. Right now with my timeshare I own which is a biannual I am still able to get a vacation a year. Does any one have any insight as to how much I can typically get with 231,000 pts? Thanks!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This is the points chart specifically for Wyndham points in RCI:
RCI_deposit_points_chart.jpg

Wyndham resale owners can only trade into RCI for full weeks.

And if you're asking about how the points spend in the Wyndham system (where you can book any number of nights), here is the link to the most recent directory with points charts for each resort (up to 2014-15, at least). With a biennial contract, you would need to use the credit pool (or more likely, the new Points Deposit feature) to move points into even years. http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Thank you paxsarah!

So would it really be worth the cost to get the points system in RCI if I am unable to use it in smaller increments? If RCI will have me put into weeks anyway and I already have a week??
I only have a one bedroom/one bathroom though...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you're looking for shorter stays, and if your main reason is to use it in RCI and not Wyndham, then I'm not sure a Wyndham points contract makes the most sense. Inside the Wyndham system, the points are very flexible. With RCI, you don't actually have to stay the full week (we've stayed only a 4-day weekend on some of their cash sales), but of course the value goes down because you're still paying the full points and exchange fee for it.

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
hmmm well I really would like better trading power.. although I am able to get two vacations from the one week every other year... I dont necessarily go anywhere for long weekends but I would like to get into some of the higher end resorts easier.

Also does anyone know if RCI Points resorts are different than RCI weeks??

Thanks everyone!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
One thing to keep is mind is that there is no guaranteed way to get exchanges - no matter how many points that you own.

That's because the number of points you own is just one of the factors. With high demand resorts, like Disney, the limiting factor is often availability, because there is more demand than supply.

Another issue is when you can travel, because school holidays always have the highest demand and are the hardest to exchange for.

Also, be aware that not all resorts are affiliated with RCI - many resorts are only affiliated with Interval International, so there is a lot to consider.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are considering buying wyndham points to exchange through RCI, dont, almost without exception wyndham points work best at the Wyndham resorts (an exception would be disney but as has been said, availability is an issue there,

the reason to buy that Bali Hai contract is that the maintenance fee rate at $4.72/1000 points is quite low, which makes vacationing at a lot of the Wyndham resorts if not cheap, at least reasonable.

FYI, that ebay contract is probably a one bedroom top floor unit that a previous owner converted to points.