• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Auto Upgrade

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked my reservations. Two National Harbor units auto upgraded to 3 bedrooms. One unit upgraded to a 3 bedroom Presidential the other one to a 3 bedroom with balcony.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just checked my reservations. Two National Harbor units auto upgraded to 3 bedrooms. One unit upgraded to a 3 bedroom Presidential the other one to a 3 bedroom with balcony.

What were they before they were upgraded 2 BR deluxe or something else? How many days prior to check in did the upgrade occur?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What were they before they were upgraded 2 BR deluxe or something else? How many days prior to check in did the upgrade occur?

2 Bedroom deluxe with balcony for both were reserved on 8/29/2017.

slabeaume

Reaction score
Did you get an email about the upgrade, too. We had that happen in June where we thought we got an automatic upgrade a few days after making the reservation. Never did get an email about the upgrade and it disappeared about a month later. Hope they finally fixed that!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
2 Bedroom deluxe with balcony for both were reserved on 8/29/2017.
Thanks but did you get the upgrade 60 days before check in, 30 days before check in 14 days before check in, 3 days before check in?

I saw a report on a facebook group that upgrades weren't being processed for anyone prior to 14 days before check in regardless of status and regardless of availability prior to that date in again regardless of status. I just was curious if anyone was getting upgrades closer to the opening of the VIP window for their status.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks but did you get the upgrade 60 days before check in, 30 days before check in 14 days before check in, 3 days before check in?

I saw a report on a facebook group that upgrades weren't being processed for anyone prior to 14 days before check in regardless of status and regardless of availability prior to that date in again regardless of status. I just was curious if anyone was getting upgrades closer to the opening of the VIP window for their status.

If I counted right, it was 62 days out. I am Platinum. I noticed it was upgraded this morning, I do not think it was upgraded yesterday. I check the site almost every day. The check-in date is Nov 6, 2017 for three nights.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the report.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get an email about the upgrade, too. We had that happen in June where we thought we got an automatic upgrade a few days after making the reservation. Never did get an email about the upgrade and it disappeared about a month later. Hope they finally fixed that!

Do not have the e-mail version of the confirmation, however, here is the on-line version:

Sorry to the earlier poster with my response, this is showing it upgraded on September 4, 2017 and not September 5, 2017.

• Confirmation Number
    RCO0006260092BR

• Reservation Made On
    Tue, Aug 29, 2017

• Reservation Made By
    ROBERT LONGWELL

• Member Number
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Check-In Name
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Email
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Modifications
    • Opt-in Fulfilled - 3 Bedroom Presidential
      xxxxxxxxxxxx - Sep 04, 2017

• VIP Upgrade - Requested - Larger Unit
      xxxxxxxxxxxx - Aug 29, 2017
  • Length of Stay
    3 Nights

• UNIT TYPE
    3 Bedroom Presidential

• National Harbor
    Managed By Wyndham
    VIP Benefits Apply
UPDATE: The e-mail confirmations have come in for both units that upgraded.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else besides Robert actually had an auto upgrade? Got to have some other owners to verify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dill

Reaction score
I have had 1 upgrade. Went from a 1BR to a 2BR. Not sure how far in advance it came but it was between 7-10 days out. Room was booked at 15 days and then when I looked about a week out it had upgraded. The Wyndham e-mails go to my wife and she typically ignores them unless I am waiting for something from them because they send so many so I am not sure if we got a notification when it upgraded or not.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Anyone else have any experience with Automatic Upgrades?

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
I had an auto upgrade right when the window opened for Gold (45 days) for a 2 BR DX to a 3 BR ADA unit at Steamboat Springs. I didn't get an email before I saw it in my reservations. I had to cancel it because we needed to shorten our reservation. So instead I booked a 1 BR at discount and took instant upgrade to 2 BR. Could have gotten a 3 BR but wanted to save points.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I was upgraded at Grand desert in Vegas for October, from a 2 bedroom deluxe, to a 3 bedroom deluxe. No email, just noticed it while checking on something else on the wonderful website.

Reaction score
i received an upgrade from a 1br to a 2br lockoff on 9/5 for a reservation that starts on 9/21 at Grand Desert.
bestpal: Interesting that you received an upgrade for an Oct reservation as currently all inventory at the Grand Desert for Oct and Nov is being held back..
I just attempted to login to check my Oct 1br, but alas - no error, but the login just refreshes, returning without my login info.

Reaction score
Glitch fixed, login worked just now. My Grand Desert for my October reservation, the 1 br is still a 1br. Not upgraded.

Last edited:

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any auto upgrades to report? Keep hoping that Wyndham would get this feature running smoothly.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any auto upgrades to report? Keep hoping that Wyndham would get this feature running smoothly.

I haven't had one work yet. Despite having several reservations where upgrades were available. It's a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It doesn't have to work all the time. Just once in a while. WYN has accomplished what they wanted. Can still sell 'cancel/upgrade' and can now market auto upgrade.

How will we ever know how it's working or when it's working, if and when it does upgrade, or if you got the upgrade you should have (in order of request). We know it's not working correctly, since we see available upgrades that don't get done. But as long as one person once in while can report they got one, mission accomplished.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to work all the time. Just once in a while. WYN has accomplished what they wanted. Can still sell 'cancel/upgrade' and can now market auto upgrade.

How will we ever know how it's working or when it's working, if and when it does upgrade, or if you got the upgrade you should have (in order of request). We know it's not working correctly, since we see available upgrades that don't get done. But as long as one person once in while can report they got one, mission accomplished.

:eek:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people renting units may prefer the automatic upgrade feature working in part and not working in part. Some people that use the units for their own use may like the auto upgrade feature. The observation(s) that some units do not appear to upgrade automatically when inventory to do so shows is interesting. This could be happening for a number of reasons some intentional some maybe not. When this happens, if it not a result someone likes, keep submitting a feedback through the blue feedback button and call in for a ticket. Giving dates and resorts involved would help build the record on what is happening. If enough complaints come in maybe a better system on this issue may emerge.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got auto-upgrade at National harbor as well. VIP Gold. 2 bedroom (don't remember what kind) to a 3 bedroom presidential.

Reservation made on 7/25/17
VIP upgrade 8/16/17
Checkin 9/18

Did not see an email notification. (I don't read all the wyn emails I get so who knows)

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
The only way I have ever found an upgrade was to check a week or two before one could be given to see if one was available or upon request in the available time for an automatic one before booking.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score

I reported on 7 Sept (link: Auto Upgrade) that I've had two auto upgrades happen recently. One at Canterbury and one at Midtown 45.

Last edited: