• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlantis Questions

Reaction score
Hey all Harborside People!

Is the Beach Tower closed? If so, does that mean that the Lazy River and River Pool and the Seagrapes Buffet are also closed? (Not to mention the arcade and the build a bear place...)

We are there in three weeks, and I am curious. Seagrapes is my daughter's favourite, and she will be very disappointed if it is not open. I personally love the Lazy River, and would definitely miss it.

Any one there now who can report?

Thanks!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Looks like the Coral Tower is undergoing renovations so the Beach Tower should be opened but that doesn't mean things won't be closed. You may want to call and ask.

Here's what I found doing a google search
From https://vacations.jetblue.com/servi...ding_page=true&room_gds=local&hotel_code=6779
Description
***RENOVATION NOTICE FOR CORAL TOWERS*** We are pleased to announce that Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island will undergo a multi-million dollar renovation. Much of Coral Towers will be unavailable during the fall season in anticipation of this renovation which will enhance and improve the overall guest experience. Some rooms, the lobby and guest amenities including Virgil’s Real BBQ, Murray’s Delicatessen and Starbucks will remain open during the renovation.Please note that Beach Tower, Royal Towers, The Cove Atlantis, The Reef Atlantis and Harborside Resort will not be impacted by this work and will remain open. Renovations are anticipated to be completed by June 2017.(All dates are subject to change)

Coral tower renovations - http://www.caribjournal.com/2016/08/23/atlantis-launches-20-million-renovation-coral-towers/#
Restaurant closures - http://www.atlantisbahamas.com/dining/closures

Reaction score
That's good information. Thanks!

If anyone knows about the Lazy River and Seagrapes, I'd love to know. I find that when I call for such information I feel zero confidence in the answers. It is better to get it from TUG users who are "on the ground" at Atlantis. MUCH more reliable!!

Last edited:

drpayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's good information. Thanks!

If anyone knows about the Lazy River and Seagrapes, I'd love to know. I find that when I call for such information I feel zero confidence in the answers. It is better to get it from TUG users who are "on the ground" at Atlantis. MUCH more reliable!!

Just returned from Harborside yesterday - going back again 12/24.

Can't help with the Lazy River - but my wife told me that the other float ride is open with a new policy (for us) that has everyone exit the ride and walk around to get back on it. No more multiple laps.

Also it would appear that Seagrapes is closed - it was not listed on the printed restaurant open/close schedule we received0.

There were a few issues with the buildings - we lost hot water for a day and the power when off and quickly back on a few times during the week (assume the generators kicked in) - at least some of the power issues were island wide as some of the staff said they lost power at their home too.

Crowds seemed a little light - easiest time I ever recall with restaurants and at the airport - perhaps from the Coral Tower being closed - but I'd imagine it will be fairly busy again around Christmas and New Years.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Just returned from Harborside yesterday - going back again 12/24.

Can't help with the Lazy River - but my wife told me that the other float ride is open with a new policy (for us) that has everyone exit the ride and walk around to get back on it. No more multiple laps.

Also it would appear that Seagrapes is closed - it was not listed on the printed restaurant open/close schedule we received0.

There were a few issues with the buildings - we lost hot water for a day and the power when off and quickly back on a few times during the week (assume the generators kicked in) - at least some of the power issues were island wide as some of the staff said they lost power at their home too.

Crowds seemed a little light - easiest time I ever recall with restaurants and at the airport - perhaps from the Coral Tower being closed - but I'd imagine it will be fairly busy again around Christmas and New Years.

Was there early November and lazy river was open but was really really lazy--guard told us that one of the motors was down after the hurricane

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Also it would appear that Seagrapes is closed - it was not listed on the printed restaurant open/close schedule we received.

I've never tried Seagrapes but I see that TripAdvisor reviews indicate that it's only opened during special events. I also noticed that Seagrapes isn't listed as a dining option on the Atlantis website - http://www.atlantisbahamas.com/dining

From https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...se_Island_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html#

“No longer open”

x.gif
Reviewed May 27, 2016
Atlantis closed this restaurant several years ago and now uses it solely for special events. Nice location and view...

An expensive mistake”
x.gif
Reviewed 1 week ago
This restaurant was closed for most of our stay we were told it was only opened during special occasions and it finally opened 2 days before we left and we decided to eat there. We got there at 9pm and they close 10pm I think. First let me start with the good the employees are exceptional and the location is nice. When we got there the food that was supposed to be hot was cold it was so bad I had to send the soup back with the waiter to have it heated up. The selection was also very sparse and 3 members of my family ended up being sick the following day after comparing what we ate we realized that it was from something that was left out too long. We naturally did not go back.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I can see from more recent posts on TA that it has been open recently. I am hopeful that it will be open closer to Christmas, when occupancy is higher. I'm also hopeful that the jets for the Lazy River will be repaired by then; although they seem very slow with repairs there... like molasses-in-winter slow.