*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Aruba Exchange in RCI?

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by Steve0711, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Steve0711

Steve0711 TUG Member

I have a 2bd deposit (Wyndham) from the old RCI systems and an ongoing search for a winter '12 Aruba week. I haven't had any success so far and understand this may be a difficult week to pull. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a similar trade. I'd be interested to hear opinions on whether my search will eventually turn up anything and also if anyone has used any strategies to help improve my chances on this (e.g. calling periodically, etc.). Thanks.

2. sandkastle4966

sandkastle4966 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I'd honestly say "slim to none" on getting Aruba in high season - especially with Wyn generics.

There is nothing available til summer and then the points are 25-29. I would expect "high season" to be 45+, and Wyn generic won't get that.

You may a have a shot with the 3-14 day acceptance (and then your airfare is out of this world)

3. JudyH

JudyH Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Aruba Beach Club and Casa Del Mar usually have a lot of units available. We got an exchange for early December searching about 19 months out. Two bedroom weeks are hard to get. We got a two bed for one week, and a one bed for another.

4. sandkastle4966

sandkastle4966 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

you can get an idea of the points needed by looking thru the available trades in aruba for the next year. There is nothing for Jan-April Early December has a few units for 19-22 points for studios/1bedroom

I get 38 TPUs for my Studio in Aruba for January, and 45 for February. I am "encouraged" to deposit, I would expect that the trade is slightly less (35 for January, and 42 for february)

Unless the 2 bedroom generic has been really beefed up in value (last I traded, 2 bedroom red generics were getting at best, 18 ish weeks), you will need to be inside the short window, or choose a lower season.

You may want to widen your search for more warm weather alternatives.

aruba is wonderful, but everyone wants to go in the winter - few deposits, and lots of takers!