• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an interesting discussion with a VC today

I tried to make an ARP reservation (July 4, 2018 at La Belle Maison ) today in an account I manage. I got the message that the dates were outside of the standard reservation window, so I called

I was told that we probably had used the points in another reservation, We hadnt. The points were all there. She couldnt fix it so she wrote a ticket to triage... with any luck it will get fixed.

But thats not the big problem. I went back to what she said about points coming from the right contract and told her she was wrong. As long as I hadnt used the ARP benefit yet, It didnt matter which contract the points came from. and I read to her from the supplement

directory supplement quote.JPG

she checked with her supervisor and let me know that that isnt the way things work

So now I have two jobs to do. I have to check to see if ARP works or not with each of the contracts in the account and I have to get to someone to clarify the paragraph I quoted above

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
The "points calculator" lists all my contracts & the APR rights I receive with each one, *except* for La Belle Maison for some reason.

All my deeds were purchased resale.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "points calculator" lists all my contracts & the APR rights I receive with each one, *except* for La Belle Maison for some reason.

All my deeds were purchased resale.

They told me that there were other La Belle Maison owners affected so that dosent surprise me>>

What does surprise me is that Im missing Bonnet Creek, Ocean Ridge, Lake Marion, Grand Desert, Smokey Mountains, Harbor Lights, Star Island and Ocean Walk too

These arent important to me, because Ill probably never use the ARP benefit, but it aint right...so Im back on the phone

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
They told me that there were other La Belle Maison owners affected so that dosent surprise me>>

What does surprise me is that Im missing Bonnet Creek, Ocean Ridge, Lake Marion, Grand Desert, Smokey Mountains, Harbor Lights, Star Island and Ocean Walk too

These arent important to me, because Ill probably never use the ARP benefit, but it aint right...so Im back on the phone
I don't have it at my home resort Bali Hai either.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had an interesting discussion with a VC today

I tried to make an ARP reservation (July 4, 2018 at La Belle Maison ) today in an account I manage. I got the message that the dates were outside of the standard reservation window, so I called

I was told that we probably had used the points in another reservation, We hadnt. The points were all there. She couldnt fix it so she wrote a ticket to triage... with any luck it will get fixed.

But thats not the big problem. I went back to what she said about points coming from the right contract and told her she was wrong. As long as I hadnt used the ARP benefit yet, It didnt matter which contract the points came from. and I read to her from the supplement

View attachment 4411

she checked with her supervisor and let me know that that isnt the way things work

So now I have two jobs to do. I have to check to see if ARP works or not with each of the contracts in the account and I have to get to someone to clarify the paragraph I quoted above

I may be misunderstanding this post. It was my understanding, that with ARP, you could only use the points associated with that resort. They could not be combined with other points for other contracts. So For Bonnet ARP. if you only had 154k points, you could not book a presidential in the ARP window. You could only book something less then 154k points. Am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding this post. It was my understanding, that with ARP, you could only use the points associated with that resort. They could not be combined with other points for other contracts. So For Bonnet ARP. if you only had 154k points, you could not book a presidential in the ARP window. You could only book something less then 154k points. Am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

You can only arp at the resorts you own, and only up to the number of points you own there, so you are correct that if you own 154000 points you cant reserve a unit that costs more. But under the new rules it shouldnt matter what specific points are used. (See the paragraph I copied from the directory supplement, above)

Today I found out that I cant arp a number of the resorts I own, under any circumstances, and the VC I talked to wasnt familiar with the new rule

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive been on the phone again, the good news is that there was no hold time at all.. also the next person I talked confirmed that whats in the directory supplement is correct.. Ill want to hear that several more times, and test it out. But thats for another day.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive been on the phone again, the good news is that there was no hold time at all.. also the next person I talked confirmed that whats in the directory supplement is correct.. Ill want to hear that several more times, and test it out. But thats for another day.
Missing the annual meeting and not giving the urinal report has thrown you off today.
You know it doesn't matter what a VC says. The only thing that matters is how the system works.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Missing the annual meeting and not giving the urinal report has thrown you off today.
You know it doesn't matter what a VC says. The only thing that matters is how the system works.

I understand about the VC's but they should know, and if they don't they need to go back to school. Understanding how the system works is important to the operation if the club

I learned most of what I know about how the system works (worked) from the VCs For example, I first learned how the credit pool worked from a VC and the credit pool ended up being the most important tool I used to make a living with this stuff.

Ther was a time in my life when I worked at a call center. It's not easy work. I have nothing but respect for the folks that work at the Wyndham call centers

At the meeting today, Geoff Richards invited feedback. I'm going to give it to him

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand about the VC's but they should know, and if they don't they need to go back to school. Understanding how the system works is important to the operation if the club

I learned most of what I know about how the system works (worked) from the VCs For example, I first learned how the credit pool worked from a VC and the credit pool ended up being the most important tool I used to make a living with this stuff.

Ther was a time in my life when I worked at a call center. It's not easy work. I have nothing but respect for the folks that work at the Wyndham call centers

At the meeting today, Geoff Richards invited feedback. I'm going to give it to him
3 reports today alone of owners receiving wrong answers from VCs.
You had VC and a supervisor give you a wrong answer.
Another owner was told no RCI account with a resale account.
It may very well be a tough job. But that's incompetence if a VC can't give or get you to the right person for a correct answer

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Lets face it Wyndham runs RCI too. They don't give straight answers either it seems to be the Wyndham way just WING IT! While I like all my Wyndham, WorldMark, and RCI Points stuff. The fact you consistently get emails with wrong account numbers, answers that are never correct. Call 3 times and get 3 different answers just seems to scream incompetence. It also shows there employee's don't own or understand their product.

I know people that have Hyatt and Marriott units and they don't ever seem to complain about incorrect information from there VC's

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

Well I have 182k CWA and 210k EOY odd Panama City Beach. All of my points are in the credit pool from before the May change. So in the old system I wouldn't have been able to book ARP for CWA. But in the new system if I try to book a CWA resort beyond 10 months I can book since I've used no point for ARP. Also the 182k shows up in the points calculator. The Panama City beach doesn't work I assume because since it is EOY ODD I have no new points until January 2019. Should know more by the end of the year when ARP will extend into 2019.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still don't have ARP for Bonnet Creek, Bay Club or Panama City Beach.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Well I have 182k CWA and 210k EOY odd Panama City Beach. All of my points are in the credit pool from before the May change. So in the old system I wouldn't have been able to book ARP for CWA. But in the new system if I try to book a CWA resort beyond 10 months I can book since I've used no point for ARP. Also the 182k shows up in the points calculator. The Panama City beach doesn't work I assume because since it is EOY ODD I have no new points until January 2019. Should know more by the end of the year when ARP will extend into 2019.

from my experience credit pool points get used first. APR amount stays the same.

Example:
  • 200k contract with ARP
  • 200k Credit Pool points
  • 400k total points for a given year

• 200k of credit pool points used for APR booking (b/c credit pool points are used first)
  • 200k remaining points left in account
    • cannot be used for any future APR bookings that year. now restricted to 10mo window as outlined.

this is a glitch in the system. You are still limited to number of points for APR but as ron pointed out above even that is not working. Anyone else understanding or experiencing things differently?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
its been a while since I reported problems with ARP in an account I manage.

I got this message 3 days ago

I wanted to follow up with you about a priority case that was open.
I understand that there are some issues when trying to book in the ARP window. (Past 10 months)
And we are highly aware of this situation and currently doing our best to make sure we get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible.
We do sincerely apologize about this issue that has been going on for quite some time now, but this is a follow up to let you know that we are indeed working diligently on your account to make sure it is operating and working as intended.
We do apologize about the delay, you will be receiving another follow-up very soon within the upcoming week with more information regarding the status on your account.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Carlos Romero (Priority Team)

and today I see the problem is resolved. all the resorts we own are in the ARP list (points calculator button, under the points tab, under my ownership)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good job hopefully it fixed the affected resorts for everyone.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Mine's fixed as well, although I never got an email.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. I can only reserve Presidential Reserve for my ARP. Cannot reserve a regular room with ARP.
Maybe with Voyager you only have Presidential Reserve ARP at your home resort.
That would make sense because CWA and UDI can't access Presidential Reserve units during ARP. So you can't access their units.

If you have some Pahio converted weeks you only have ARP on the underlying deeded weeks and cannot make an ARP online reservation

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Maybe with Voyager you only have Presidential Reserve ARP at your home resort.
That would make sense because CWA and UDI can't access Presidential Reserve units during ARP. So you can't access their units.

If you have some Pahio converted weeks you only have ARP on the underlying deeded weeks and cannot make an ARP online reservation

I have UDI points. All I am seeing are the units set aside for PR only. I should be able to book the others as well.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have presidential reserve points, the deeds are presidential reserve units. and thats what you should have arp for

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked last week and the three contracts out if eight that showed ARP, the arp disappeared. Checked yesterday and all eight have it.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
If you have presidential reserve points, the deeds are presidential reserve units. and thats what you should have arp for

I thought ARP was for the RESORT not the POINT TYPE? Am I wrong on this? Now for me, I don't care as ARP means nothing to me, but it might help somebody else out. You're saying we only have ARP for Presidential Reserve points? Makes no sense to me. What if only two of us travel? We would have to spende 350,000 points on a unit we don't need vs. 200,000 for the one we would prefer.