*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Apartment Rental in Rome or Venice

Discussion in 'European Timesharing' started by fluke, Apr 13, 2012.

1. fluke

fluke TUG Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences in renting apartments in either Rome or Venice? I have been on the internet searching out a few places but wanted to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks.

2. MaryH

MaryH TUG Member

In the sightings RCI has a LM Venice unit.

RHC has something in Rome, Mayfair residence. I had friends that rented in Tuscany but not actually in Rome or Venice.

maybe try vrbo.com

3. Carolinian

Carolinian Guest

I usually use booking.com to find good hotel prices if I am not timesharing. I have done apartment rentals in Croatia, St. Petersburg in Russia, and in Budapest with good results, but never tried it in Italy.

4. PStreet1

PStreet1 TUG Lifetime Member

We rented an apartment in Rome last November and were very pleased with the experience.

5. fluke

fluke TUG Member

Did you use a specific website or company? I see multiple websites/services so I was wondering which websites/services people have had good experiences with.

6. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Crosti Hotel/Apartments

Check out...

http://www.crostihotel.it/en/node/15

We stayed here last March (for a very reasonable price) and found it not luxurious, but quite acceptable. The restaurant they own is also good, with special rates for folks staying at either their hotel or their apartments. Be sure to make an appointment, though, as the restaurant can be crowded...especially on a Monday, when many other restaurants are closed.

--bp

7. PStreet1

PStreet1 TUG Lifetime Member

We rented from VRBO.com. After we rented, we discovered rave reviews for Giovanna, our landlady on Trip Advisor.com. As it turned out, they were so right on their reviews of Giovanna that I would rent anything Giovanna told me to. She took us on a night sight seeing tour of Rome; she told us where to go to shop; she told us where to go to eat; she told us what to see----the list goes on and on. It was a totally wonderful experience!

8. spencersmama

spencersmama TUG Member

Do you want apt rentals, not timeshares? My friend used http://www.homeaway.com/ last year to book rentals for her family's month long trip to France. (Her, DH, two teens) I've been checking them out for my trip to Europe next summer. There are a ton of choices for the cities I'm looking into, so I've been sticking with the ones with multiple great reviews. We will have me, my DH, 2 teens and my mother. It looks like I can rent some 2 or 3 bedroom apts for the same price as just one hotel room.

9. hibbeln

hibbeln TUG Member

10. hibbeln

hibbeln TUG Member

11. fluke

fluke TUG Member

Yes I am looking at apartment rentals. Yes I have found the same, the price beats hotels significantly. I am just a little bit hesitant about renting without solid references. I am a little concerned about quality.

12. fluke

fluke TUG Member

Maybe I should add I am looking for a something that could fit 3 adults and 3 kids.

13. spencersmama

spencersmama TUG Member

There are plenty of places on the website I mentioned with multiple great reviews. I have looked at places in Rome myself for next year and have a list of about 10 or so that are possibilities, and i haven't even looked at everything.