*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have experience with GW Timeshare Services?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by hf5, Jan 21, 2013.

1. hf5

hf5 TUG Member

Hi - I just had a call from GW Timeshare Services, asking if my husband and I would like to meet with an agent to discuss selling our Marriott week with no upfront fees. Of course I'm skeptical. Is this perhaps an acronym for Groupwise? I found info warning about Groupwise, but haven't seen anything on GW.

Thanks!

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Here is the sniff test - ALL fees should come out of the proceeds of the sale. If there are ANY fees that they want you to pay directly NO MATTER WHAT THEY CALL THEM - it is a huge red flag. They may not disclose this fee until they have you "hooked."

3. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
  4. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

GW location?

Group Wise, Inc. (located in Hermitage, PA, at last report) has been known to initiate such cold calls (a TUG search on the name will reveal first hand reports and accounts from recipients of such cold calls).

If "GW" is located in Hermitage, PA or Sharon, PA (home of their ...ahem... "very closely affiliated" closing company named Timeshare Title, Inc., then chances would seem to be pretty good that Group Wise, Inc. and "GW" might indeed be one and the same entity. :shrug:

5. pacodemountainside

pacodemountainside TUG Member

In my 74 years(hit today) of life travels I have NEVER had any one cold contacting me be it via e-mail, snail mail, carrier pigeon, telephone, courier, swinging chick, telegraph, pony express, etc. with a "great deal" having my best interests at stake.

This includes TS share associated scammers, Nigerian Minister of Finance, rich widow of whoever in outer Mongolia or wherever, Mother Tresa's sister, lottery I did not enter, pyramid selling schemes, free siding , windows, alarm, etc, stock promoter, 20% interest in risk free investment, oil well, gold or uranium mine, vacuum cleaner or encyclopedia salesman, easy money flipping foreclosures(watch Discovery channel) , ad infinitum!

Even if one is legitimate other 99 will cost you a fortune.

Legitimate philanthropists give money, they don't ask for !

Honest business people provide goods and services before getting paid or agree to escrow money with licensed bonded company!

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    Happy birthday Paco!

7. jpc763

jpc763 TUG Member

Please see this thread (sorry it is long) of owners who have successfully sold their Marriotts back to Marriott.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178337

I would not trust a "cold call" but these calls to Marriott directly are legit.

Note: you may be shocked at what they are willing to pay for your timeshare (if they even make an offer) but it is a painless process and the resale on timeshares is close to zero.

8. Rent_Share

Rent_Share Guest

Spam Test
    2013 thread no value