• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone ever purchase from SumDay Vacations on eBay?

Anw015

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience about this company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I bought a week from them on their website. I was happy with them. Check out Sumday vacations

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Search the threads here on Tug. The owner of Sumday is a Tug member. They are highly regarded here. For what they do, they're an excellent company. I've bought from them, and would do so again.

Dave

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I did not keep track of the half-dozen or so eBay sellers from whom we bought bargain timeshares, but I have the impression that SumDay is among them.

However that may be, we had no problems with any of our eBay timeshare transactions.

eBay is our Go To place for timeshare shopping.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
i have bought direct with Sumday and on eBay. I have always had a good experience with his company.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought through them once and originally they deeded me the wrong property. After pointing it out I was refunded and got my money back.

Reaction score
I just bought a 2-bedroom Orange Lake East Village Week 18 from SumDay, and they will pay ME! I paid $0.99, but they will pay me $250 when the transfer is finished. They still have more on their site with incentives. Other than ones with incentives, many are less than $20.

TS

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
They are excellent, first rate.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I have! I am now trying to give away that same timeshare since we don't have the time to use it. Nonetheless, my experience was positive.

elleny76

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience about this company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in Ebay but directly in their website... Very happy with my TS! 100% happy with the transaction.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have recently purchased a few from Sumday. I used to love Sumday and recommended them to several firefighters and other friends.

I am not that impressed with slow transactions and the inability to provide what they are saying in the ads. I would not have purchased without free use, that's for sure.

I literally had to email the company after winning another week (at the same resort) one week later. I told them I never heard from anyone on the last week I bid on and won and paid for in full. What is going on with Sumday?

Sure they can advertise free use, but when a week closes, and then you don't get free use, it's something you expected. I personally feel genuine disappointment in not receiving use for this year. And of course no explanation from closing company or Vistana as to why use is gone. Estoppel shows free use, but someone along the line used the week. Then you read the contract and the wording clearly does NOT promise free use. Way to CYA, Sumday.

Two months is too long for closing. I have one going on two months and it's still not recorded with the county. I know this because I check county records daily. Ho hum. These last two purchases said free use in the ad. No promises in the contract, and then they are dragging their feet on closing, probably on purpose because they cannot guarantee free use. Seems rather typical of my recent experience with them. I am over it.

No more weeks for me from Sumday.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Now it's 3 months and still not transferred to Vistana, but at least it's finally recorded through the county. I am disgusted with Sumday.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have recently purchased a few from Sumday. I used to love Sumday and recommended them to several firefighters and other friends.

I am not that impressed with slow transactions and the inability to provide what they are saying in the ads. I would not have purchased without free use, that's for sure.

I literally had to email the company after winning another week (at the same resort) one week later. I told them I never heard from anyone on the last week I bid on and won and paid for in full. What is going on with Sumday?

Sure they can advertise free use, but when a week closes, and then you don't get free use, it's something you expected. I personally feel genuine disappointment in not receiving use for this year. And of course no explanation from closing company or Vistana as to why use is gone. Estoppel shows free use, but someone along the line used the week. Then you read the contract and the wording clearly does NOT promise free use. Way to CYA, Sumday.

Two months is too long for closing. I have one going on two months and it's still not recorded with the county. I know this because I check county records daily. Ho hum. These last two purchases said free use in the ad. No promises in the contract, and then they are dragging their feet on closing, probably on purpose because they cannot guarantee free use. Seems rather typical of my recent experience with them. I am over it.

No more weeks for me from Sumday.
I have noticed the CYA in their ads related to free usage. Makes my kind of wary of buying from them. Thanks for the warning.

DRIless

Reaction score
Search the threads here on Tug. The owner of Sumday is a Tug member. They are highly regarded here. For what they do, they're an excellent company. I've bought from them, and would do so again. Dave
They are excellent, first rate.

So, what does this mean? If a TUGger gets a bargain timeshare it's all ok? Even if the company charges the previous owner $3500 to make it go away and when they can't make it go away because no TUGger or anyone else wants it, they place it on the Viking Ship and burn it to the keel so that ultimately the other owners at the resort are paying when no one owns it because the LLC shell it was placed in is bankrupt.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So, what does this mean? If a TUGger gets a bargain timeshare it's all ok? Even if the company charges the previous owner $3500 to make it go away and when they can't make it go away because no TUGger or anyone else wants it, they place it on the Viking Ship and burn it to the keel so that ultimately the other owners at the resort are paying when no one owns it because the LLC shell it was placed in is bankrupt.

What it means, in my opinion, is that the owner of Sumday, Jeff Brown, is a real person who responds to questions, and solves issues. Cindy's posts upthread are very different than what I've heard about this company, and what my own experience was with them. I'm curious what the problem is.

For the record, the purchase I made from them was from their website, not eBay or on Tug. So the fact that I am a Tugger is secondary to the process. Do you know for a fact that they charge $3500 for what they do, or that they do the viking ship thing when something doesn't sell? I guess I'd like to see some proof, before generally denigrating a company that has shown they are (historically) above typical PCC companies. In the past, when there has been an issue with a sale, Jeff Brown has stepped up and directly assisted in resolving the issue.

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have purchased from Sumday more than any other company. They are usually great, as I said above, but this time, they are slow in getting things done, and I was told I would have use for one week but didn't. And now we are over 3 months on one and right at 3 months on another, and neither has been transferred into our name through Vistana. It's maddening. Perhaps Jeff Brown is not the owner of Sumday.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have purchased from Sumday more than any other company. They are usually great, as I said above, but this time, they are slow in getting things done, and I was told I would have use for one week but didn't. And now we are over 3 months on one and right at 3 months on another, and neither has been transferred into our name through Vistana. It's maddening. Perhaps Jeff Brown is not the owner of Sumday.

Cindy, that must be frustrating for you, as well as annoying. I know you've been a fan of the company in the past. Have you tried contacting Jeff to ask if he can expedite things, or maybe compensate you in some way? When I bought a week from them last year, the whole thing was done in about six weeks, easy breezy.

Dave

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Maybe something did happen and is different at Sumday.

What I have noticed at different companies that I have dealt with in the past, everything is taking much longer this year then it did before. Seems to be becoming a trend.

This past year I missed the request period to get a good flex week due to transfer not occurring in a timely manner. All along I was told they were working on it and ultimately a long time employee was not doing their job and is not there anymore.

It can simply be one bad apple working there. Where are you Jeff? I have seen you respond on tug before.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
He’s posted his email address numerous times here, why not take it to email rather than expect he reads every message thread here.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations
jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
What are you talking about??

DRIless

Reaction score
Do you know for a fact that they charge $3500 for what they do, or that they do the viking ship thing when something doesn't sell? Dave
Yes, and yes. I'm not saying that the person you hold in such high esteem doesn't get the job done when he makes a sale off eBay or his website. I'm saying that TUGgers in general don't care, as long as they get their bargain basement deal, where that deal came from or what happens to other owners because of the way they get rid of those that don't sell off ebay or their website. I'm sure of it and I've spoken to and probably met the person you're speaking of.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, and yes. I'm not saying that the person you hold in such high esteems doesn't get th job done when he makes a sale off eBay or his website. I'm saying that TUGgers in general don't care, as long as they get their bargain basement deal, where that deal came from or what happens to other owners because of the way they get rid of those that don't sell off ebay or their website. I'm sure of it and I've spoken to and probably met the person you're speaking of.

Thank you for your clarification. I don't necessary hold him in "such high esteem." I don't know him. I based my opinion of him and his company on what I had personally seen here on Tug. Nothing more. My involvement (as it would be with most people, not just Tuggers) with the company comes after people have agreed to use them to dispose of their timeshares. It would be the same with any seller on any resale site.

Now, since you have such a negative opinion of them based on your experience, and your accusatory tone makes it clear you think Tuggers are doing something wrong by using them as a purchase resource, I have nothing further to add to this discussion. I will leave you to your opinions.

Dave

DRIless

Reaction score
Thank you for your clarification. I don't necessary hold him in "such high esteem." I don't know him. I based my opinion of him and his company on what I had personally seen here on Tug. Nothing more. My involvement (as it would be with most people, not just Tuggers) with the company comes after people have agreed to use them to dispose of their timeshares. It would be the same with any seller on any resale site.

Now, since you have such a negative opinion of them based on your experience, and your accusatory tone makes it clear you think Tuggers are doing something wrong by using them as a purchase resource, I have nothing further to add to this discussion. I will leave you to your opinions.

Dave
MY negative opinions are of PCC's in general and there modus operandi. They actually do have lists of timeshares that they WILL NOT take because of their experience/difficulty getting rid of them, but they take many that they have an idea won't sell and those are the ones that they end up paying people to take on eBay where "seller" pays all closing costs plus there's a bonus $200 gift card, all taking away from their $3500 upfront fee. So, I do feel that thy provide a service, but not when it involves the Viking Ship model. Most TUGgers are oblivious and could care less what the other half of the company or relationship does and ultimately are supporting the Viking Ship/PC companies.