TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody been to Harbour Point recently?

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by rsackett, May 18, 2017.

1. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

Just wondering if anybody has been to Harbour Point recently. If so did they do the Pool renovation they were talking about last fall? Anybody have pictures?

Ray

2. ACP

ACP TUG Member

I assume you are referring to Hilton Head? We're there now. Pool is wonderful, as I understand it used to be 8ft deep at one end but it is now only 5'8" at the deep end. Apparently it's all new decking as well. Looks very nice

3. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

Thanks ACP, That was exactly what I was looking for. I knew they were planing on chang
    Thanks ACP, That was exactly what I was looking for. I knew they were planing on changing the deep end and changing the pool decking, just was not sure if they went through with it.

Ray

4. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I'm sure it's nice but I for one liked the deep pool.

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I suspect that they have found that they will save enough in insurance rates by eliminating the very deep end of the pool that it will pay for the upgrades over time?

6. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

ACP, If you do not mind could you post some pictures?

Ray

7. ACP

ACP TUG Member

No worries will upload some tomorrow. It's so tranquil here, watching dolphins, enjoying lots of drinks and snacks, most of them free. We've stayed at Barony and Surf's Watch, this is nowhere as busy so peaceful and quiet if you like that sort of thing

rsackett likes this.
  8. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

Thanks, and that is exactly why my family loves it there.

Ray

9. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We feel the same way. If we had only one week to spend at a HHI Marriott it still would be GO or the Monarch as our first choice but the HP would be our backup choice if we didn't have access to the OF resorts or if we had more than 1 week on HHI which we always do.

jme likes this.
  10. ACP

ACP TUG Member

Photos as promised taken from our balcony.
    Have a great time the staff are extremely pleasant, even more so than the usual Marriott way IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1840.JPG

rsackett likes this.
  11. rsackett

rsackett TUG Member

ACP, Thanks for the photos! Looks like you must be on a high floor. We are looking forward to our yearly trip in July!

Ray

12. ACP

ACP TUG Member

Sorry to say that since I posted the photos it's done nothing but pour with rain the last two days. But there's always a bar!!

13. Hornet441

Hornet441 TUG Member

We were there last week, had great weather and loved the quiet and views as well. Sorry to hear about your weather. A little off topic, we have also stayed at OW and loved it too. I have a chance to get either Barony or Surf Watch in Feb, which would you recommend over the other?

14. ACP

ACP TUG Member

We've stayed at Barony and Surf Watch. Last year we were at SW and the pool, bar and facilities by the beach were not open as it was too early in the season so worth checking. It's all personal preference but I prefer Barony. Not been to OW but that area seems to have a little more going on than the other two.
    We really like HP so have booked again for next May