• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody been to Harbour Point recently?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Just wondering if anybody has been to Harbour Point recently. If so did they do the Pool renovation they were talking about last fall? Anybody have pictures?

Ray

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to Hilton Head? We're there now. Pool is wonderful, as I understand it used to be 8ft deep at one end but it is now only 5'8" at the deep end. Apparently it's all new decking as well. Looks very nice

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Thanks ACP, That was exactly what I was looking for. I knew they were planing on chang
I assume you are referring to Hilton Head? We're there now. Pool is wonderful, as I understand it used to be 8ft deep at one end but it is now only 5'8" at the deep end. Apparently it's all new decking as well. Looks very nice

Thanks ACP, That was exactly what I was looking for. I knew they were planing on changing the deep end and changing the pool decking, just was not sure if they went through with it.

Ray

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's nice but I for one liked the deep pool.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect that they have found that they will save enough in insurance rates by eliminating the very deep end of the pool that it will pay for the upgrades over time?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point

ACP, If you do not mind could you post some pictures?

Ray

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
No worries will upload some tomorrow. It's so tranquil here, watching dolphins, enjoying lots of drinks and snacks, most of them free. We've stayed at Barony and Surf's Watch, this is nowhere as busy so peaceful and quiet if you like that sort of thing

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
No worries will upload some tomorrow. It's so tranquil here, watching dolphins, enjoying lots of drinks and snacks, most of them free. We've stayed at Barony and Surf's Watch, this is nowhere as busy so peaceful and quiet if you like that sort of thing

Thanks, and that is exactly why my family loves it there.

Ray

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We feel the same way. If we had only one week to spend at a HHI Marriott it still would be GO or the Monarch as our first choice but the HP would be our backup choice if we didn't have access to the OF resorts or if we had more than 1 week on HHI which we always do.

Reactions: jme

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Photos as promised taken from our balcony.
Have a great time the staff are extremely pleasant, even more so than the usual Marriott wayIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1841.JPGIMG_1840.JPG

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
ACP, Thanks for the photos! Looks like you must be on a high floor. We are looking forward to our yearly trip in July!

Ray

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say that since I posted the photos it's done nothing but pour with rain the last two days. But there's always a bar!!

Hornet441

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last week, had great weather and loved the quiet and views as well. Sorry to hear about your weather. A little off topic, we have also stayed at OW and loved it too. I have a chance to get either Barony or Surf Watch in Feb, which would you recommend over the other?

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at Barony and Surf Watch. Last year we were at SW and the pool, bar and facilities by the beach were not open as it was too early in the season so worth checking. It's all personal preference but I prefer Barony. Not been to OW but that area seems to have a little more going on than the other two.
We really like HP so have booked again for next May

cdoobiest

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. I am planning to stay here mid april for kids spring vacation. Wondering how is pool water during this time? How about beach weather. Also, any preference Sunset or Harbor villa? Thanks

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Looking for some advice. I am planning to stay here mid april for kids spring vacation. Wondering how is pool water during this time? How about beach weather. Also, any preference Sunset or Harbor villa? Thanks
We stayed there in April 2015. main pool was heated and fine for swimming. ( we also had fantastic weather) The other pool in the sunset area was closed.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW. The smaller serinty pool in the back area was scheduled to be upgraded to heated pool as per the meeting minutes from the end of 2016 (11/15/2016). This would allow the back pool to also be heated and available during early spring and late fall. I am not sure why it hasn't happened yet?

Pool Heater / Chiller
Mr. Heldt stated the cost to purchase a pool heater/chiller for the back pool is $10,000. Harbour Pointe Owner's Association, Inc portion of the expense is $7,500.

A motion was made by Joie Smith to approve up to $7,500 for the purchase of a pool heater/chiller for the back pool pending the approval of the Sunset Pointe Owner's Association, Inc Board of Directors. The motion was seconded by Lois Smith and unanimously carried.

Last edited: