*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Any One Familiar With "interval Relief"

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by redmac, Jun 26, 2011.

1. redmac

redmac TUG Member

Just received a note from Interval Relief, a company that deals in acquiring timeshares.

Quote: "If your resort qualifies, we offer a contractual agreement guaranteeing in writing the transfer of your timeshare. We are "A rated" with the better business bureau...."

Thanks
    Redmac

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

They are either going to:

a) Charge you $1,000 - $3,000 to take your timeshare off your hands.

or

b) Charge you a high upfront fee to sell your timeshare, and then steal the money.

NO ONE takes timeshares for free.

3. redmac

redmac TUG Member

Thank you for the info

4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
    -You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
    -You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
    -You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
    -You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
    -You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
    -resort name
    -unit size
    -season owned
    -maintenance fee
    -current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2011/12 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple professional transfer for about $100) I've used this licensed document Prep. company and the owner is a Tugger. - Note, this is my personal recommendation, not as a representative of TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2011/12 for the new owner ​

Good luck!

5. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

And it doesn't matter what the name of the company is. They go out of business, change their name, and move on to the next victim.

6. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

You asked this question 7 months ago.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134874

The wording from the two companies are almost identical which leads me to believe that they have the same principals behind them.

When you received the same advice from TUG 7 months ago about how to give your TS away for free, did you follow through on that advice?

What's happened since then?

7. Sou13

Sou13 Guest

A friend called today trying to convince me to take down the # to call Interval Relief. The offer was supposed to be $50 for attending a seminar. I replied that I'd check into it and found this:

Consumer Complaints for Interval Relief, LLC - South East ...

Could this be "Timeshare Relief" by yet another name?