*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Any larger Ontario units?

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by Dori, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dori

Dori TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Now that we have purchased a mobile home in Florida, that takes care of our winters down south. I am contemplating using some of our weeks to use in the summer, here in Ontario. Right now i am seeing some 6/6 units at Carriage hills and Carriage Ridge for next year, but we really need space for 8. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dori

2. itisme

itisme TUG Member

Carriage Hills units are actually sleeps 8, however RCI does not consider the studio portion as sleeps 4. Resort does consider the units as max occupancy of 8.

3. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Trading into Ontario in the summer is difficult. That is when many owners use their weeks.

Carriage resorts (hills or ridge) are actually the best source of units.

The other resorts that have some availability are not all that nice.

Summer is very difficult.

4. Dori

Sandy, this morning I was seeing 2-bedroom 6/6 units for next July at Carriage hills, but as I previously mentioned, I potentially will have 8 going. Are these lockoffs? Does the resort allow 8 in these units?

Dori

5. itisme

itisme TUG Member

Yes they are lockoffs and they allow 8 in the unit. I stayed there 2 years back and told them we have 8 in the unit at the time of check-in.

6. Dori

Thanks! I just put one on hold for next July 15-22. There are still other July and August weeks available. Hopefully they are not phantoms!

Dori

7. itisme

itisme TUG Member

Are you seeing the 2BD units using RCI Weeks or RCI Points account? I only have weeks account and I rarely see 2BD in Carriage Hills. Always 1BD and studios. I assumed owners mostly deposit as 2 units. May be it is the trading power of my week.

8. Dori

I put it on hold with one of my Lowveld SA red weeks. It is still a fairly good trader. We usually use it to book Florida in February.

Dori

9. SteveH

SteveH TUG Member

Dori:
    Calabogie Lodge Resort has 2 or 3 three br units. They are also a points resort, so there may be units on both the week and points side of RCI, although prime summer weeks are hard to come by. You may have better success in June and September. We own a week 24 (2BR) at CLR and always find this a very pleasant time of year.
    Steve

10. Dori

Thanks Steve. We actually stopped in at Calabogie a few years ago and checked out the units. It is a very nice resort.
    We did confirm Carriage Hills this morning, after contacting the resort regarding the number allowed in a 2 bedroom unit. They did confirm that we could have 8 people total.
    I saw some Calabogie units, but felt it was too far, as not all of our kids can get holidays during our week. This way, they can at least come for the weekend, as CH is about an hour's drive from home.

Dori

11. itisme

itisme TUG Member

Google Maps says it is a 5 hour drive from Scarborough to Calabogie Lodge. I stayed there a few years back and the drive from Scarborough only took around 3 hours. We arrived 2 hours before the check-in time. I took the 401 not Hwy 7 from Scarborough.

12. Dori

I went ahead and booked Carriage Hills, after confirming with the resort about the maximum number of guests. It is indeed 8, rather than 6, as stated by RCI. It has been a number of years since we vacationed here in Ontario, as we have always used our weeks to exchange into Florida, or elsewhere in the U.S.

Dori

13. CSB

CSB Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Dori, about a week before you are to check in, call Carriage Hills and ask for a 2 bdrm unit in the phase 2 or phase 3 buildings. The Studio units are much larger in the later 2 phases. I would tell you the name of the buildings to ask for but I am on vacation now and don't have that info for you.

If you email me before one of our Toronto TUG meetings, I can bring a map of the resort to give you

14. Dori

Thanks, Cindy. I'll do that. See you in the Fall!

Dori