• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Kingdom of Sun owners?

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
If you go to 9th floor of Grand Bliss NV, you'll see showrooms of Kingdom of the Sun and The Cascades. They are beautiful! The entire floor is open for everyone. You have to take the special elevator for sales which will go to 1st and 9th floor only. Grand Luxxe Loft is also there. I see Kingdom of the Sun Loft, but the door is locked.

Now may I ask if anyone in this forum is owner of Kingdom of the Sun or The Cascades?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for posting the floor location. I may wander over in our upcoming visit

FYI - There are the " Architect style " scaled models of the various Vidanta resort locations outside the Mexican National contracts sales / closing room & office . It is located on the first floor of one of the Grand Mayan NV buildings . I found it by accident one morning looking for something else . ( These are or are like the ones that were at the Mayan Palace PV -Marina )

There is also apparently a ( forthcoming) product called:
Grand Entertainment Colllection

I assume it is also part of the NV Cirque theme park.

Not sure what happened to :
Kingdom of the Stars

Perhaps in the Vidanta storage garage with " The Luxxe " and " Mansions of the World " and Nayer Town " .

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I always wander up to the 9th floor and look at the models and take some pictures as that floor probably has the best views on the resort. They also have pictures that line the walls that show the past and future of the resort - fun for reminiscing and projecting.

the "kingdom of sun" and "Cascades" units seem to be basically Mayan Palace units with new amenities - do look quite nice. I assume there will be a "Kingdom of stars" but was no model when we were there. They will be inside the theme park.

About a year ago, we made some changes to our contract largely to make our ownership better align to the longer term interests of our kids and grandkids. As a part of that, we can choose to stay inside the park at one of those resorts; we also get discounts for entry into the theme park. I have no idea if or when they will be offering these as stand alone options; they seem to be focusing on offering more theme park oriented packages. Time will tell.

Mike

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I walked through on my own this afternoon .

Cascades model has an updated Mayan Palace style kitchen . 2 burner stove / single small fridge
The shower is a walk in / no tub .

Kingdom of the Sun - has a kitchen similar to Grand Bliss model - with 4 burner stove and double under counter fridges ( 2 units ) . It has a walk in shower and a seperate spa style tub - like the Grand Bliss model .

It is likely that the units square footage will be similar to a Mayan Palace due to the Kingdom & Cascade buildings being inside the theme park .

The models were set up as a one bedroom suite with king bed and a master suite ( hotel room/ 2 double beds ) on the other side . This is the standard Vidanta ( lock off ) two bedroom .

As Pianoetudes posted - there is a sign & door for a : Kingdom of the Sun Loft - but it was locked .

The " wall map " on the 9th floor showing the theme park does list :
Grand Cascades
Kingdom of the Stars

I believe the map was there in 2016 & predates the model opening . Based on the Vidanta - brand / build / upgrade format - GC & KS could happen- IMO , based on the success or mega success of the 2018 theme park opening .

Last edited: