• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Interest in Fractional HICV Elite Ownership?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking again about purchasing 1M points in fixed weeks and paying to convert and get elite status at an estimated cost of $10K ($8K to HICV and $2K for the units). Would anyone be interested in investing $1000 upfront + $500 each December per 100K annual points with elite benefits? (25% advanced booking savings before 8 months, unlimited upgrades, signature 9 months out, non-signature 12 months out, unit-specific reservations, free point shield)? We'll call it fractional elite ownership.

Assuming it takes a year to complete purchase, you'd pay $1000 now, $500 in December, and get 100K 2016 points in mid-2016. We'd put together some kind of contract - fractional owners would get no refunds for canceling but could drop out at any time and would have the ability to renew indefinitely. If I dissolved the program for any reason, then you'd get your $1000 back plus a refund on any unused points.

I'm on the fence with buying up a bunch of units and doing a conversion - having a few people to go in with me would make it a lot easier. I'd be looking to sell 500K-1000K annual points (if I sold the full 1000K, then I'd just rent additional points for myself at the same $500/100K).

-Scott

[link to commercial website deleted]

gkbiiii

Reaction score
Scott,

I was wondering this myself: however I wonder what the annual dues are, for a million points?

Unlike Starwood you do not get the best VIP card, in the hotel program. This being said, I have heard that they do offer a good point conversion to their hotel program.

I don't know if it is right for me, right now: but sometime in the near future, perhaps. I like your idea, of a LLC membership; but I am still confused about their program, even after getting a very impressive owners book for HICV.

George
gkbii@hotmail.com

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now Elite and can offer a Fractional Elite membership to anyone who wants it. I offer a service to get you Elite membership for $21000 now (includes cost of small HICV purchase), so I am pricing Fractional Elite based on that cost ($2100/100K). And maintenance at that level is $550 per 100K points (fixed at 10% over the Elite rental rate of $500/100K for this Fractional Elite offer).

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

Last edited: