• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any comment on International Property Professionals, Inc.?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an offer from this co. a few days ago, for my Hilton week listed on TUG.
They were eager to purchase my week, they said they had a buyer who accepted my sale price.
I didn't pay anything upfront, I asked them a few days to do more research about the co.
After I asked them "my net is xxx amount after closing?" and they didn't reply back to me.
So I am wondering if they are legit co. or one of those scammers who ask prepaid $$ and say "hey, I have a buyer for you".
Did anyone get offers from them?
If so, please be careful.
They said they are licensed real estate agent but it's doubtful.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never heard of 'em, but...

They [i.e., International Property Professionals Inc.] said they are licensed real estate agent...

In the (highly unlikely) event that you ever hear from them again, ask them to identify the specific state(s) in which they claim to be licensed real estate brokers. It would be very easy to then confirm or refute any such claim with a bit of simple research...

Last edited:

jeffreyjay

Reaction score
International Property Professionals, Inc.

I am the Broker of International Property Professionals, Inc. I can assure you that we are a licensed Real Estate Brokerage Corporation in the State of Florida. Our corporate license # is CQ1037058 and My Broker License # is BK 562376. You can look our company up on the state's website at www.myfloridalicense.com .We never charge an upfront fee. All of our contracts state what the seller is to net. So there is never a question or suprise as to what you will be getting at closing. Which agent did you receive the offer from?

[Please contact the OP with an email or private message, instead of posting your contact info. on TUG - DeniseM Moderator]

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Jay
Broker

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreyjay

Reaction score
Highly Likely

In the (highly unlikely) event that you ever hear from them again, ask them to identify the specific state(s) in which they claim to be licensed real estate brokers. It would be very easy to then confirm or refute any such claim with a bit of simple research...

Theo,

I understand your feeling towards the industry. We are trying to change it for the better. The state of Florida is also taking action. Click on the link words"Attorney General" to see what the State Attorney Gereral is doing. Attorney General.There are a lot of boiler room scam artists who prey on timshare owners. Be very careful not to deal with any company or persons who are not Licensed Real Estate Professionals. Please feel free to verify my information at the states website www.myfloridalicense.com.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Jay
Broker

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we have a "Sounds Like" Scammer out there ?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can hear the sizzle..., but where is the steak?

Theo,
I understand your feeling towards the industry. <snip>

Jeffrey Jay
Broker

With due respect, I don't see how you could presume to "understand my feeling toward the industry". But that's o.k. --- no harm, no foul. That said, I offer a relevant observation and a single question:

1. I have been involved with timeshare ownership, use, buying (resale only) and / or selling (on my own) for nearly 30 years now, during which time I have never once ever seen, heard or read any reference to your company name....anywhere. :shrug:

2. Is a copy or template of the contract to which you make proud but unsubstantiated reference available for actual examination and scrutiny on your company web site (...or anywhere else)? :shrug:

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first post doesn't follow the shill pattern unless it was prompted by a "bogus ad inquiry (ies)"

mdonato

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon
I am also a Broker in FLorida and I can vouche for Stephanie Jay and her brother Jeff. Steph has been in the buisness over 10 yrs. I am guessing though you are not as the owner sending any money in correct? I wanted just to at least help with that part of the conversation.
Kind Regards,
Michelle Donato Licensed Broker

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still hearing the sizzle, still seeing NO STEAK!

I am also a Broker in FLorida and I can vouche for Stephanie Jay and her brother Jeff. Steph has been in the buisness over 10 yrs. I am guessing though you are not as the owner sending any money in correct? I wanted just to at least help with that part of the conversation.
Kind Regards,
Michelle Donato Licensed Broker

No disrespect intended, but color me dubious here. Speaking only for myself, I am not at all influenced or persuaded by one unknown entity stepping forth to "vouche" (sic) for another unknown entity...

I'd still like (...but I don't really ever expect to see) a substantive response to my request for an opportunity to actually view and examine the "contract" terms referenced, but whose location and /or actual existence remain as yet unknown and unsubstantiated. :shrug:

jeffreyjay

Reaction score
With due respect, I don't see how you could presume to "understand my feeling toward the industry". But that's o.k. --- no harm, no foul. That said, I offer a relevant observation and a single question:

1. I have been involved with timeshare ownership, use, buying (resale only) and / or selling (on my own) for nearly 30 years now, during which time I have never once ever seen, heard or read any reference to your company name....anywhere. :shrug:

2. Is a copy or template of the contract to which you make proud but unsubstantiated reference available for actual examination and scrutiny on your company web site (...or anywhere else)? :shrug:

Well than you have not googled my company's name. If you have you will see all the information about International Property Professionals, Inc.
As I have stated in the previous post you can go to the state of Florida web site at www.myfloridalicense.com and check us out.

I would be happy to send you a copy of our contract at your request. Please feel free to email me directly and or call me between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm Eastern Time. My contact information is as follows:
email internationalpropertypros@gmail.com
phone 386-804-4114.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Well than you have not googled my company's name. If you have you will see all the information about International Property Professionals, Inc.
As I have stated in the previous post you can go to the state of Florida web site at www.myfloridalicense.com and check us out.

I would be happy to send you a copy of our contract at your request. Please feel free to email me directly and or call me between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm Eastern Time. My contact information is as follows:
email internationalpropertypros@gmail.com
phone 386-804-4114.

I am sure you are well aware of WHY anyone would be suspicious of receiving a solicitation from an outfit who says "we have a buyer" for your timeshare.

I did verify your corporate status and your real estate license. That said, there really is little info on the web about your company/website and that could be why the experienced TS'er who posted previously has never heard of the company. Your website was created about one year ago and that looks to be around the same time you incorporated. If all costs truly do come from the settlement and nothing before, I wish you luck. Of course, the proof is in the pudding*

* I have heard this phrase many times and was forced to finally look it up. It dates back as early as 1615 and the full phrase is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating." If you didn't know, now you don't have to look it up! :ponder:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not share with the ENTIRE class?

I would be happy to send you a copy of our contract at your request. Please feel free to email me directly and or call me...

Better still, why not just cut and paste the pertinent (i.e., fee related) contract content right here, out in the open, for all to see and examine? There are likely at least a few other skeptics and non-believers (...besides me) who might benefit from the "enlightenment"... :rolleyes:

P.S. Don't take it personally if moderators edit out your subtle advertising links...

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
RX8,

I would not be surprised to get inquiries from Brokers about my listings on TUG Marketplace. If they don't have the inventory that a client wants, they go out and look for it. TUG would be one of the first places I would look if I were a broker.

As for the rest of the skeptics, a broker with a licence that is willing to talk to you is a heck of a lot better than these scam artists running around. If they have a traceable licence number and an office address that can be googled, they are legit. They don't want to go scamming people and have it all traced back to them.

That is not to say all realtors are great. Some are good some are bad (like in all professions) and you have to weed them out with word of mouth and references. In Yumdrey's case, just follow the third party escrow rule, and all should work out well...

FWIW, both Jeffery Jay and Michelle Donato are licensed realtors.

mdonato

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good evening all!
This brings up a fundamental challenge for all who work on the resale industry that everyone is so skeptical of with good reason. Most people throw out comments before doing much checking around on google to get info on agents. Luckily Timeshare brokers as a whole are trying to step up to plate and form a group to help educate consumers. I am a member of the Licensed Timeshare Resales Brokers Association or LTBRA. I am very proud to be a part of this group as our number 1 priority is educating the consumer. Feel free to check it out. We are only 1 year old but years in the making. We will be a significant part of the resale market in the coming years. Not just anyone can become a member. I would urge all to be cautious for sure but also have the fortitude to get your questions and concerns answered. I do not know what IPP's docs look like but I also know you canNOT have a license in the state of FLorida if you get very many complaints against it. Florida has some of the strictest real estate laws in the US and very soon the even better laws for timeshare. It literally takes years to get a Brokers license in FL. One scary scam that is becoming very prominent currently.---- Here is the link for this Press Release:
http:///www.prleap.com/pr/183910/ Please check this out and spread it around.
The LTBRA is helping the State of Florida with new stricter laws and penalties. :cheer: We dont like the scum anymore than anyone else. I just want the concerned person to know that I have heard of this company and as far as I know they are trying to do business the right way. If there was any question I would absolutely call them out. I am sure IPP would be happy to send out a contract to which you can ask your attorney to look over for you as well if they still have thier buyer. Buyers normally arent around this long. Enjoy the evening!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good info and good advice...

.... checking around on google to get info on agents.

Michelle:

Having done precisely that, I see that you are a licensed broker and are among 61 other brokers who currently belong to LTRBA, a relatively new entity whose stated committment to the (...also somewhat new) concept of honest dealings in timeshare resales is certainly one whose practice in action I can respect.

I am sure IPP would be happy to send out a contract to which you can ask your attorney to look over for you...

I personally wouldn't need another attorney to review simple and straightforward fee terms within a contract, but I (...once again) invite Jeffrey Jay to post that pertinent fee info and content from his contracts right here for all to see and examine in the "bright sunlight". Facts and transparency would surely go a long way toward moving from the mere "noise of sizzle" to the actual "substance of steak".

If he chooses to do so, Mr. Jay might also opt to tell us why he is apparently not a LTRBA member, while purportedly espousing the LTRBA "no upfront fee" philosophy and practice... :shrug:

P.S. The press release link which you provided in your post (#14 above) does not appear to be functional.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good info and good advice...

inadvertent duplicate of identical post #15 voluntarily deleted...

Last edited:

jeffreyjay

Reaction score
Ltrba

Yes, the LTRBA is a new association and it is a great organization . My associates and I have attended our first meeting earlier this month. It was a fantastic meeting. I have since applied for membership so once we have gone through the vetting process, we will become members provided we meet all of the criteria. That being said, I have been a Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1996 and I have never once had a complaint filed against me. I do appreciate all who have spent the time to look us up.

mrzman

Reaction score
In case anyone else is looking for feedback on International Property Professionals, I just wanted to post that I had a successful sale through this company. It was a really long transaction that started in August last year and ended a couple weeks ago, but the length of the transaction was the buyers issue and not IPP.

I had my 2 br WKORV unit listed on Craigslist, Redweek and TUG. Stephanie from IPP contacted me through my TUG listing saying she had a buyer. Of course with all the fraud going on, I was extremely careful and I gave poor Stepanie a pretty hard time at the beginning. They did not ask for any money up front from me and I had all documents I sigend reviewed by an attorney just to be sure.

So bottom line my experience was good and this is a legitimate company.

-Tim