• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another Customer (Dis)Service From Spirit Airlines

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
They could not pay me to fly on this airline. But it has nothing to do with a $197 refund. If you simply catch the bus, you may be okay. But cross your fingers if you have a layover or need any customer service.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they make an exception for him then they should make it for everyone. There will always be someone with just as good a reason that needs to cancel.
In this situation it is very bad publicity and instead of boycotting people should not use the airline as it does not offer the services that people want.

I never have and do not plan on ever flying spirit airlines.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows how Spirit is. If you choose to fly with them, you get what exactly what they say - nothing. If that's not what you want then book with another airline. My DH had a flight booked with them on Sunday - a short jump to Tampa. The weather was crappy and our plans got changed. He could now fly out earlier. Spirit said 'too bad' and wanted to charge more than his ticket to cancel the flight. So DH paid for another ticket on a different airline, didn't pay to cancel the flight, and that was that. He knew what the deal was going in.

I feel bad for the guy, don't get me wrong, and it would have been nice for Spirit to compromise a bit, but that's not what they sell. And it is true - once an exception is made, everyone one wants one.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If he could make a two-day drive, why couldn't he take a few hours flight?

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some illnesses and injuries preclude flying (pressure, etc.) but driving is okay. Friend had infection in leg and could not fly but could ride in a car or on a train.