• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another actor has passed away unexpectedly

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Reports are that he was having heart surgery (per TMZ) . . . he suffered a fatal stroke after heart surgery.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Bill Paxton, 61 is just to young to leave.
He played in the movies: The Terminator, Twister and the Alien.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
R.I.P. Bill Paxton, 61 is just to young to leave.
He played in the movies: The Terminator, Twister and the Alien.
He was also in Titanic.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Complications after surgery. My guess is a blood clot got him. Same thing happened to my dad after surgery to bypass his carotid.

Yes, way too young.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In sci-fi circles, he was known for being killed by three famous villains:
-- A xenomorph in Aliens
-- A Predator in Predator 2, and
-- A Terminator in The Terminator.

But of course, we also enjoyed his roles in Twister and Apollo 13.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Don't forget about his role as the bully brother in Weird Science!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fascination and such empathy for celebrities and has- been celebrities. It puzzles me. It must have something to do with our respective priorities.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Fascination and such empathy for celebrities and has- been celebrities. It puzzles me. It must have something to do with our respective priorities.
Because they are public figures in many cases we feel like we "know" them. Same with sports figures, political figures, historical figures, anyone who has been in the public eye.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because they are public figures in many cases we feel like we "know" them. Same with sports figures, political figures, historical figures, anyone who has been in the public eye.

Interesting. So some feel like they then know this person. So what, or, then what?

I think there is a segment of people that elevate the 'greatness' for lack of a better word, on celebrity. I have also found this odd.

Think it through.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Interesting. So some feel like they then know this person. So what, or, then what?

I think there is a segment of people that elevate the 'greatness' for lack of a better word, on celebrity. I have also found this odd.

Think it through.
You think what you like, I'll think what I like.

All I was trying to say is, because these people are in the public eye we know who they are. If we're familiar with their work, we feel we may have some insight to them. When they pass away it makes us sad. If you find it odd, so be it.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are your priorities?
Remembering these people who have died hearkens memories of the times and places in our lives when we watched their movies, for instance. We know we will never see them in a new film again. These "celebrities" are people who are successful in their craft. Even if you don't like what they do, they have reached a level in their careers that many people admire, because they had talent. I could only match Bill Paxton's face when I saw a photo. Otherwise his name didn't really mean anything to me. Then I remembered his solid roles in the movies I happened to see. What is wrong with caring that a good man died too young? It reminds all of us that time is fleeting and to show love to those most dear to us.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have posted this thought a few times before. All you are doing is hijacking the thread.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I find it odd that some people feel the need to "rain on another person's parade" by belittling or denigrating cultural artists and masters of their art, be they pop-culture icons or opera singers... okay, I could do without opera singers. ;)