• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual pass questions

jbug423

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BLT Mayan Palace
We are dvc members and in the past have planned our trips using an annual pass for the whole family for 2 trips within the year. This year we will only get to the park for one trip, my question is, with the annual pass the photo pass is included, if only i purchase the annual pass and my family uses regular park tickets are their magic bands linked to my photo pass, or do we need to buy individual park tickets and a separate photo pass so anyone can use their magic bands for the photo pass on the same account. I plan on purchasing the tables in wonderland card if we use the annual pass. what is the most cost effective way for our visit

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good question. I'm not sure if an unactivated AP will give you photo pass so maybe just one of you get the AP. If you are offsite that will cover your parking as well. There were lots of anniversary specials linked to the AP so while there usually isn't a difference between DVC or AP, there may be some.

I used TIW last year. I "think" that I at least recovered my $150 but the difference between 10% off and 20% off is harder to recoup, especially on one trip.

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can link friends/family onto your account, and any of their photopass photos are fair game for you to download. In fact, if you are making FP+ for them, then you are already set. However, that only works for the dates during which the AP is active, so you have to have at least one.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buying one annual pass so you get free parking, free photopasses, and the ability to buy TiW (worth 10% 'extra' on food and 20% on beverages) is pretty common. And yes, as bnoble mentioned once you link your family's tickets into your MDE account (which you need to do anyway for FPs) you will have access to your whole family's photos.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are dvc members and in the past have planned our trips using an annual pass for the whole family for 2 trips within the year. This year we will only get to the park for one trip, my question is, with the annual pass the photo pass is included, if only i purchase the annual pass and my family uses regular park tickets are their magic bands linked to my photo pass, or do we need to buy individual park tickets and a separate photo pass so anyone can use their magic bands for the photo pass on the same account. I plan on purchasing the tables in wonderland card if we use the annual pass. what is the most cost effective way for our visit
We usually buy a Tables in Wonderland card but this year you get the same discount on food and beverages as the annual pass 20%. Also this is first year Parking was included in Our Florida Resident Weekday Pass. This has worked out for us. I'm not sure what the rate for DVC is for annual pass, not sure if this helps you?
Silentg

jbug423

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BLT Mayan Palace
Thank you all. A 7 day park hopper ticket with photo pass is $685 a gold annual pass for dvc members is $595 tax included in both. so it looks like i will purchase 1 ap and park tickets for the others where photopass will be linked together. I will need to compare between using the dining discounts for dvc and ap and the tables in wonderland card as to which card will offer the biggest discount at our favorite places. One plus for the TIW is that alcohol is included in the discount where i think it is just non in the other cards

markestacio

Reaction score
I'm planning to get an annual pass but I think I should wait for 2018 before I get one since I'm currently out of time.

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember that you have to buy before Jan 3, 2018, in order to get the special price on the AP.

MegMML

TUG Member
Reaction score
With an AP and Photopass, you will see all your Friends and Family's pictures, even if they become your Friend after their trip. And the photos will stay there as long as you have a valid AP pass, or up to a year, I believe, whichever is less. Only the AP holder can crop and download the pictures. Everyone else will see them on their account with a watermark over the photos. Photopass downloading has greatly improved in the last couple of years, and it's easiest to just download ALL the photos in your account, and then sort them out on your computer.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Disney regularly has a deal on the AP's for DVC members.

The parking at $20 per day makes an AP a necessity for at least one person in the car. We are doing a family trip next May, all 12 of us going, and only three of the group are not getting AP's for a second trip. They will be riding in the cars with the AP holders.