*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Fire Cabin Share (phase one)

Discussion in 'US - West Coast Timesharing' started by ronparise, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

On a lark, I bid on this place last night and won: Angel Fire Cabin Share (phase one) ebay

What can you tell me about this place..Is it a popular ski destination, how about the off season? Is the mf really under $500? etc

Thanks for sharing any experiences

2. Deb from NC

Deb from NC TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

My brother in law and his family just got back from a ski vacation at
    Angel Fire about a week ago. They loved it! I have never been, but
    my understanding is that it is a popular ski destination. I think it's pretty quiet off season, but peace and quiet sound pretty appealing to me right now. :)

3. Steve

Steve Moderator

I have been to the area in the summer. Angel Fire is in a very beautiful...and very isolated...valley in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The area is quite forested, and it is within an easy drive of Taos (to the west) and the Philmont Boy Scout Ranch (to the east). It's VERY quiet, but it's a nice location if you want to get away from it all.

Steve

4. thomas660

thomas660 TUG Member

Ron,

We keep an RV in Angel Fire all year. We don't ski anymore, so we don't go there during the winter. However, we visit many times each summer (live only 3 hours away). I don't know anything about the cabin shares; we have never used them. We stayed in one of the condo units several years ago that wasn't great, but I think they have been doing a lot of upgrading in the last few years.

Steve gave a good general description of the area. Angle Fire sits in the Moreno Valley and has beatuiful views of the surrounging mountains including New Mexico's highest peak Mt. Wheeler (13,160 ft.) Here are some other features: 2 indoor swimming pools (one at the lodge and one at the country club), a nice 18 hole golf course at the country club, a lot of fishing possibilities (streems and lakes), decent restaurants (one real good one called the Roasted Clove) and a lot of back roads and trails to explore.
    If you like outdoor activities, you'll like AF.

Tom

5. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

Damn, I bought this to fold into Wyndham points via their PIC program, or to rent..the maintenance fees are so low either option I thought would work for me. But you guys make this area sound so nice, I may have to use it myself