*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

An RCI resort in Alaska

Discussion in 'US - West Coast Timesharing' started by Karen G, May 23, 2009.

1. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    I just noticed this resort in RCI's Extra Vacations. I had never heard of it before. At first glance, $199 for the week sounds pretty good. But then I noticed it was mandatory all-inclusive.

Salmon Falls Resort (#A885)
    Be the first to write a review
    16707 N Tongass Hwy
    Ketchikan, AK 99901
    USA
    907/225-2752
    www.salmonfallsresort.com

(Privacy) Kitchen Check-In Date Check-Out Date Price
    Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, May 31, 2009 Sunday, June 07, 2009 $199.00
    Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, June 07, 2009 Sunday, June 14, 2009 $199.00
    Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, June 28, 2009 Sunday, July 05, 2009 $199.00

Urgent Information
    MANDATORY 7 DAY ALL INCLUSIVE MEAL PROGRAM, 2009 FEES ARE 899.00 USD PER WEEK PER ADULT. FOR CHILDREN AGES 3 - 12 (JUNIOR MENU) THE FEE IS 499.00 PER WEEK. MEAL PROGRAM INCLUDES BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER DAILY. SPECIAL PREPARATION OF YOUR DAILY CATCH FOR DINNER OR APPETIZERS IF DESIRED. USE OF EXERCISE FACILITY, HOT TUBS, ROUND TRIP AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM KETCHIKAN AND DAILY HOUSEKEEPING. NOT INCLUDED IN MEAL PROGRAM: ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, APPETIZERS AND GRATUITIES. OPTIONAL FEES FOR FISHING AND JET BOAT TOURS ARE AS FOLLOW: BACK COUNTRY JET BOAT TOUR: $80.00 PER PERSON PER TOUR. FULLY GUIDED FISHING TOUR: $500.00 PER PERSON PER DAY. SELF GUIDE FISHING TOUR: $200.00 PER PERSON PER DAY. THE FISHING TOURS INCLUDE FISH PROCESSING AND PACKAGING. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED IN ADVANCE OF ARRIVAL. NO PETS

2. sfwilshire

sfwilshire TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I've been seeing exchange availability for this, but those all-exclusive fees seem high to me. I'm sure everything is expensive in Alaska, but that would be cost prohibitive for our family.

Sheila

3. riverdees05

riverdees05 TUG Member

For an adult that would be $42.81 per meal and for a child would be $23.76 per meal. Should be some good eats!

4. Timeshare Von

Timeshare Von TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
    Lifetime in Hawaii (floating 1-52 annual week)
    You can find some great places to stay in Alaska for WAY less than those outrageous prices. I had seen that "resort" a couple of months ago, and had a great belly laugh that anyone would pay those fees!

5. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    And the all-inclusive price doesn't include alcoholic beverages, appetizers, or gratuities! You'd pretty much be a captive audience because it seems to be a little bit out of town with nothing else around it & no kitchens even if you had the capability of buying food for yourself. On the other hand, I'm sure it must be costly to ship in all their food and supplies.

6. DianneL

DianneL TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Cruise

My thought is that you could take an Alaskan cruise for that amount or less and not only see that city, but also other cities, glaciers, etc. Seems to me that would be a better deal. I realize everyone doesn't like cruises like I do, but it is an option. I have done the Alaska cruise and think it was wonderful.

7. ricoba

ricoba TUG Member

These type of remote to semi-remote resorts such as this one are designed for those who love fishing, hunting and other outdoors activities. They are sort of the antithesis of cruising.

8. DianneL

DianneL TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Guess I wasn't thinking along the fishing, hunting lines. I see your point.

9. ricoba

ricoba TUG Member

For example, we were able to visit Port Lions, Alaska a few years back. Port Lions is a very small village on Kodiak Island, that is only accessible by small plane or on the Alaska Ferry. While we were not there to fish or hunt (though we did get to go fishing), the only reason there was a hotel/lodge in the village was to cater to the desires of those who want to fish or hunt. If you did not fish or hunt there really was nothing else to do.