• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Resort Planners [merged]

DJmama

Reaction score
No. Your best bet is to avoid these "advertising" companies altogether and sell your timeshare yourself. There are several places where you can list for free. There are some other sites that charge $20-$50 that many owners have used to sell their own timeshare. Ebay is also an option.

The so-called money back guarantees sound good, but the contract will contain language that gives the advertising company an out. Also, the upfront fees they charge are often higher than the value of the timeshare.

I bet you wish you'd have been this "SMART" when you were signing your life away at the resort! I'm glad you're so thorough in your research that you know and understand the contracts of every last timeshare resale company. Here's what...Stop complaining and blaming everyone else for your own dumb mistake.

And while your at it...why don't you take out an ad in "Auto Trader", and then create a website bashing them when your hoopty doesn't sell.

Yes, Ebay and craigslist are free/cheap..and I bet if you could sell timeshare that way, the resorts should get in on that! Instead, they foolishly spend millions of dollars in marketing and "free theme park tickets" to get people to sit in their Interrogation-like presentations. MMMM bet those powdered eggs made it allll worth it. :wall:

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet you wish you'd have been this "SMART" when you were signing your life away at the resort! I'm glad you're so thorough in your research that you know and understand the contracts of every last timeshare resale company. Here's what...Stop complaining and blaming everyone else for your own dumb mistake.

And while your at it...why don't you take out an ad in "Auto Trader", and then create a website bashing them when your hoopty doesn't sell.

Yes, Ebay and craigslist are free/cheap..and I bet if you could sell timeshare that way, the resorts should get in on that! Instead, they foolishly spend millions of dollars in marketing and "free theme park tickets" to get people to sit in their Interrogation-like presentations. MMMM bet those powdered eggs made it allll worth it. :wall:

Actually I purchased all of my timeshares resale with no regrets.

I find it funny that the same person who recommends spending big bucks to have an advertising company (that no one has ever heard of) list timeshares for resale also believes that no one buys timeshares on the resale market.

That should tell any prospective client all they need to know about American Resort Planners.

DJmama

Reaction score
Actually I purchased all of my timeshares resale with no regrets.

I find it funny that the same person who recommends spending big bucks to have an advertising company (that no one has ever heard of) list timeshares for resale also believes that no one buys timeshares on the resale market.

That should tell any prospective client all they need to know about American Resort Planners.

I don't recall saying that I, A:Work for American Resort Planners, or B:believe that timeshares don't sell on the resale market and that you should spend big bucks advertising. So please, if you are going to "quote" me... do it accurately. I am simply commenting on the ridiculous allegations that people in these forums make. As someone who has been in the industry (obviously) I have found over the years that people are angry at the resort for lying to them and selling them a mortgage on TIME. If you are going to WILLINGLY pay a company who only advertises online which is CLEARLY stated in contracts. Please don't be upset if your property doesn't sell!! I'll say it again...IF IT WERE THAT EASY TO SELL A TIMESHARE, THE RESORTS WOULD DO THE SAME THING. Whomever is unable to grasp that concept, should just get used to the idea that they will be paying maintenance fee's for their so called "property" for the rest of their lives. Stop believing what you are told, believe what's in writing.

Look, bottom line is..No one can make you sign a contract, and if you don't sign one, NO COMPANY can keep your money. So, it's no ones fault but your own if you sign into an agreement that guarantees you nothing except a listing on a website. I'm sure you'll have a "clever" response to this as well, however I'm spent. I've said all I can. Congrats on your GREAT investment!

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
it's no ones fault but your own if you sign into an agreement that guarantees you nothing except a listing on a website.

Which is why I tell everyone who comes here to avoid upfront fee companies like ARP like the plague.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
DJmama - You are barking up the wrong tree - WE LIKE TIMESHARING HERE.

My gut feeling is that you wouldn't be so angry, unless you worked for an upfront fee company... So you can scold us all you like, but you lack credibility.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF IT WERE THAT EASY TO SELL A TIMESHARE, THE RESORTS WOULD DO THE SAME THING.

No they wouldn't. They could never get their inflated prices if they did business that way. Timeshares sell for much less on the resale market because potential buyers have time and information, not to mention the laws of supply and demand, on their side. Developer timeshares are overpriced because buyers are under pressure to sign a contract before they can get enough information to make an informed decision.

In that way, timeshare developers and upfront fee companies are the same. They both use high-pressure sales tactics and misinformation to take advantage of people.

superman

Reaction score
wyndham kauai beach villas

I got a call from this place American Resort Planners 1yr ago in regards to renting out my points, I 'll admit i was a little skeptical at first when they told me that i would have to pay them up front 1698. But i took my time and did some research on this company and there are a couple complaints on this company but not very many, being a busineess owner i know you can't please some people no matter what you do. SO i took a chance and paid it via credit card because if it was a scam i would be protected by my card company. To my surprise they actually rented out my time it did take longer than they said they it would, but i really don't care i just wanted them to get the job done. Lets see how they do this year they may not rent it at all but at least i made my money back and then some;):D Hope this helps

Last edited:

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
i took a chance and paid it via credit card because if it was a scam i would be protected by my card company.

This is not true. Since companies like this charge for 'advertising' or 'marketing,' your credit card company will not refund your money once you realize you have been scammed.

Yet another person coming here to post about this company that no one has heard of beyond those unlucky enough to receive a phone call.

jk2009

Reaction score
Okay so far these comments have been less than helpful..actually if anything it makes me want to say yes to the phone call I received from AR Planners...Why? Everyone on here who has bashed the company has stated NO ACTUAL experience with this company....only those who have had positive experiences have posted their story....

SO, I ask is there anyone who has actually been SCAMMED by THIS company...not any other similar one but AR PLANNERS?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Okay so far these comments have been less than helpful..actually if anything it makes me want to say yes to the phone call I received from AR Planners...Why? Everyone on here who has bashed the company has stated NO ACTUAL experience with this company....only those who have had positive experiences have posted their story....

SO, I ask is there anyone who has actually been SCAMMED by THIS company...not any other similar one but AR PLANNERS?

Nope - no dummies here!

Just so you know, the people that posted their "positive" experiences are all shills, so don't worry about them....

Last edited:

ddmacky

Reaction score
Arplanners

I also got a call from www.ARPLANNERS.com about renting my timeshare:

1. They did require an upfront fee. (but it was only $299)
2. They claim they guarantee they will rent the timeshare and if not within 180 days they will refund the $299
3. They did not make any offers above what I paid although if they are able to rent it out at the rate they claim then I will have made enough to pay for the timeshare after 5 years and they claim its a one time payment...

It sounds almost too good to be true but maybe not.

I read through the thread and I did not see many posts from people that have had positive or negative dealings with this particular company. Just lots of people saying that they have either been ripped off or not from companies selling or renting timeshares. Has anyone delt specifically with arplanners?

Thanks!

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone delt specifically with arplanners?

The "U" in TUG stands for Users. If the people who actually buy and rent timeshares have never heard of this company who exactly are they renting/selling to?

The only people who have heard of them are those who have received phone calls asking for money. This is the problem. All the effort goes into finding timeshare owners who will pay money to list with them. People who are actually looking to buy or rent a timeshare are doing business elsewhere.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read through the thread and I did not see many posts from people that have had positive or negative dealings with this particular company. Just lots of people saying that they have either been ripped off or not from companies selling or renting timeshares. Has anyone delt specifically with arplanners?

Thanks!

You aren't going to find posts from Tuggers who have dealt with a company like this - we know better! If you have a TS with resale value it's easy to sell it yourself. If your timeshare has no resale value, then no one can sell it, including these guys. We get a 2 dozen posts a week from people asking about upfront fee companies - the only positive responses are from shills that the companies send here to build up their product...

If you give them your hard earned money, they will NOT sell your timeshare (they don't sell timeshares - they sell advertising) and they will not give you a refund....

Knowitall

Reaction score
Resort Equity Marketing- American Resort Planners is now Exclusive Corporate Marketin

I know this thread is two years old and this company (ARplanners.com) is no longer in business (big shocker) but they are now operating under a new name....which again should be no big surprise to the TUGGERS who know how these up-front scam artists operate.

The company has 2 previous names-
Resort Equity Marketing www.resortequitymarketing.com
American Resort Planners- www.arplanners.com

A quick search will tell you all about the Florida Attorney General's lawsuit against REM.

They are now calling themselves Exclusive Corporate Marketing-

www.ecorporatemarketing.com.

Same owner- same up-front fee- same scam

You gotta say one thing for these guys- they always keep coming back.

I'll try to find a better place to post this so it is seen....I don't post often and I'm not sure how to get the post viewed by the largest number of people. Perhaps the moderator can offer some suggestions.

Thanks-

Knowitall

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A thought / suggestion...

I know this thread is two years old and this company (ARplanners.com) is no longer in business (big shocker) but they are now operating under a new name....which again should be no big surprise to the TUGGERS who know how these up-front scam artists operate.

The company has 2 previous names-
Resort Equity Marketing www.resortequitymarketing.com
American Resort Planners- www.arplanners.com

A quick search will tell you all about the Florida Attorney General's lawsuit against REM.

They are now calling themselves Exclusive Corporate Marketing-

www.ecorporatemarketing.com.

Same owner- same up-front fee- same scam

You gotta say one thing for these guys- they always keep coming back.

I'll try to find a better place to post this so it is seen....I don't post often and I'm not sure how to get the post viewed by the largest number of people. Perhaps the moderator can offer some suggestions.

Thanks-

Knowitall

Without requiring any actual moderator intervention, you could instead just simply change the current "Title" line of your new (and very informative) updating post to something like:

American Resort Planners = Resort Equity Marketing = Exclusive Corporate Marketing

This would then become an easily spotted "statement", just from seeing the new "Title" line --- and the change would facilitate others "connecting the name dots" if they ever initiated a search on even any one of the three chameleon / parasite names, whether within or outside of TUG.

Thanks for helping others to connect the dots on these particular "upfront fee" maggots. "Reinvention" of themselves is indeed a very common theme and practice for these types of parasites. At some juncture, one can only hope that when all judicial proceedings against them (and any subsequent filed appeals) are concluded, someone will be out of business for good or better still --- dissolved, broke and incarcerated. ;)

Last edited: