*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Airline tickets

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by jmd42, May 3, 2012.

1. jmd42

jmd42 TUG Member

I am trying to figure out best way to buy airline tickets to Hawaii. I will traveling to Kauai and Maui from Dayton Ohio in Feb. 2013. If anyone can help me figure out how to buy package I would appreciate it. Thanx

2. artringwald

artringwald TUG Member

We're going to Kauai and Maui from Minneapolis in Feb and the best deal we could find was through Alaska Airlines. We booked a multi destination through them to get to Kauai and come home from Maui. If you sign up for an Alaska Airlines Visa, you get a $99 companion ticket as soon as you sign up. It can be used for mainland flights to Hawaii and for first class tickets. However, if you're flying from Dayton on Alaska Airlines, you're going to be making a bunch of stops on the way.

We booked the inter island through Island Air because they have several non-stops. Just about all the Hawaiian Airlines flights from Kauai to Maui go through Honolulu.

3. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Kauai Beach Villas
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    I agree with the above. Multi-city booking is the easist way to do it. We regularly fly Alaska Airlines to one island, and fly them back from another. The difference for me is the interisland leg. We use Hawaiian Airlines for that.

The Alaska Visa card is a great way to get lower-cost airfare. I use my $99 companion fare voucher to offset the ticket cost. We can get two First Class tickets for the price of one plus $99, which averages out to around the same cost as two coach seats.

Hawaiian Airlines also has a Visa card that currently gives (I think) 35000 miles on signup. I like to use those miles for the interisland part of my trips. It makes it easy to book a one-way hop for several people without spending a lot. Their card also gives one-time discounts for two coach seats from the Mainland to Hawaii and back. That may be something to look into.

Dave

4. artringwald

artringwald TUG Member

Another advantage of flying first class on Alaska is that if you need to make changes, there is no charge. We just found out the return flight connections were better if we stayed another day. We booked another day at the resort (oh darn) and changed the flight without having to pay anything extra.